Sign in to follow this  

Winter

I'm begging for winter not to come or at least be mild. I don't want to put my bike away. It just depresses me to think about it

You know I use to think the same way but now I kinda welcome it.

It gives me some time to recharge, work on my bike, save some coin for some new gear/parts, ect.

We give up a lot to ride/race every weekend we can during the spring/summer/fall.

Yeh because Florida is 9900000 degrees. But in 6-7 weeks... Rippin every weekend. Also don't feel bad. Because what the dude above said. Save some cash and maybe pick up a fee things for the bike. Get your valves checked and clean it up good ya know. If I was storing my bike I'd make that the time of year to get everything checked and do the major maintainence. Sorry you gotta put er up.

I'm begging for winter not to come or at least be mild. I don't want to put my bike away. It just depresses me to think about it

I hear you, but now I'm double depressed, this is supposed to be a bad winter AND I'm hurt. :cry:

I hear you, but now I'm double depressed, this is supposed to be a bad winter AND I'm hurt. :cry:

. I'm gonna ride as long as I can. I'm in Connecticut and I got some winter gear.

I hate winter. South jerz can get pretty bitter. Mild so far though. Was thinking rebuild soon but got new bike about a month ago and can't get enough weekend riding now that days are so short. I'll be riding till it the layers of clothing are too much

• Like 1

get some studded tires

I live at sea level on the West Coast and any snow we do get never usually lasts very long. 2 Winters ago we had some snow that lasted about a month on my local trails and I studded up some tires and IMO are awesome (search studded tires and you will find my posts). Then last winter any snow we got only lasted about a week and didn't need the studs.

Otherwise I live about 45mins from Whistler and the mountains where they can get 10 feet of snow so there's lots of people into skiing, snowboards, sledding and a lot of the bike guys are getting snow bike kits.

Personally living in Canada, I made a life style choice over 20 years ago to live in a sports orientated place with minimal snow and mild temps but then have access to full on winter if you want it.

Anyway if you choose not to ride during the winter, try to find something to keep you amused and keep thinking how much your going to enjoy the sport when you start back up in the spring.