Lets see your 1980's era cr-series 2-smokers!

Id like to see some 80s vintage Hondas, me being a cr-kinda dude, id love to see em! 📎cr-500-r_1985_2.jpg📎csteel_74_#12.jpg📎ee89066da8c7b3f6d7f1217268450994.jpg📎honda-cr-250-1989-195222.jpg📎th6G0WMENQ.jpg Daisy duke wishes it! 📎girl-hotpants-25-daisy-dukes.jpg

Don't have any pictures but my Brother had an 85 cr500.  Spent a lot of time on that bike, it was a beast.  He still kicks himself for selling it.

• Like 1

This pic happens to be on my phone, 10 year old pic.  89 CR250 (orininal owner) towards the left, and an 87 CR500 (street legal) towards the right.  Only bike I currently still own from this line-up is the 02 DRZ400, all the way to the right.  When the economy took a dump I did some liquidating, was down to 1 bike, the DRZ.  :eek:  Here's how things look now, I know I know, no CR's.  ? But I plan on doing a 85-87 CR500 restoration soon !!  I'll dig up some old pics soon, got a few more.  ?  ?

1448071030941.jpg

1448071049450.jpg

1448071065589.jpg

Edited by Throttle5
  • Like 1

I've owned a bunch of mid 80's CR125s and CR250's. My favorites were my two '85 CR125's, which I still have.

Here's one that I converted to up-side down forks in the mid-90's...

512flashcard003.jpg

Picture013.jpg

I really wish I'd gotten a group photo of my mid 80 CR's when I had them all back then (6 at one time).

Here's my two '85 CR125's and a '95 CR125...

512flashcard082.jpg

Randy

• Like 2

That's one impressive garage you have throttle 5, truly impressive! Street legal 2-stroke? wow, I know back in the 70s it could be done with a mr-series Honda, but a cr-500? Bring on the kawi ningas. lol. Inverted forks on a 85 cr-125? now that's awesome! I dig the cr's crf2er! that 85 is the cleanest ive seen in decades! Imressive man caves bros!

• Like 1

That's one impressive garage you have throttle 5, truly impressive! Street legal 2-stroke? wow, I know back in the 70s it could be done with a mr-series Honda, but a cr-500? Bring on the kawi ningas. lol. Inverted forks on a 85 cr-125? now that's awesome! I dig the cr's crf2er! that 85 is the cleanest ive seen in decades! Imressive man caves bros!

Here in Michigan, as long as you can spell your name...it can be street legal.  ? ?  ?  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's one slick 1986 cr, mxracer106! Its been a while since I have seen an acutrax riser clamp kit, nice.

Thank you cr-dude3!  You too have great taste vintage CR's!  Great eye on the Answer Accu-trax!  I found it in a box of parts that the original owner had given me....as I have not seen one of these for many years!  it was still in the original packaging....endorsed by Bob "Hurricane" Hannah of course!

IMG_0691_zpslbjgv6bt.jpg

• Like 2

Sick bike, love the mid 80's CR's. May I ask where you got the carb vent lines?

Thank you Doug! I am glad you appreciate it, and the mid 80's CR's were the best of that era for sure!  As far as the carb vent lines, it has a new 38mm Keihin PWK Airstriker carb, and it came with those lines on it.  You could contact JDJetting.com, and see if you can get them separately if you like.

In Texas im not sure if a 2-stroke could be used on the street? But I could be wrong, a vespa? or an old mr-series Honda could be used, but a cr-500 would be awesome! My neighbors would love me on one!

Is your number "86" actually an 85?

Cant see the hpp covers?

It has an 85 style swingarm and seat logo. Couldn't get a good look at the pegs to date the frame. Just curious.

Nice bikes btw.

Edited by HappyG
  • Like 1