Sign in to follow this  

$200 to freshen up for next season

I was given a $200 christmas spending limit, figured i would use it to freshen up the trusty iron stead for next season. What would you get on your limited budget?

I have

Boyesen reeds

Twin air airfilter

Hot rods countershaft seal kit

Free flow carb hose kit

From oem

Ignition cover gasket

Inner and outter clutch gaskets

Water pump oil seal, bearing, and water pump cover gasket

All of the orings for the carb

Reed cage gasket

Shift shaft seal, and washer

I came out at $223 shipped to my front door from motosport.com not bad

• Like 1

As you are doing off-season maintenance, don't forget to include

a 3$ tube of grease to service your suspension linkage, swingarm and steering head bearings.

• Like 6

As you are doing off-season maintenance, don't forget to include

a 3$ tube of grease to service your suspension linkage, swingarm and steering head bearings.

I have plenty of chemicals, this is purely little things that i would like to replace, but don't want to pay for lol

Tires! But then you'll have to take out some other stuff.

What about a carb rebuild kit? New jets seals etc. as opposed to just the o rings

Grips and cables are never a bad idea

Edited by owainyz03
  • Like 1

a new girl friend.....JK 

I would put it on a good helmet even if I had to add to it. But uh I barrel rolled my 660 on me 4 or 5 times a few years ago..... and still wear the same helmet.....sad, I know.

Edited by yz250474

Tires! But then you'll have to take out some other stuff.

What about a carb rebuild kit? New jets seals etc. as opposed to just the o rings

Grips and cables are never a bad idea

Ive had bad luck with after market carb rebuilds, poorly fitting orings, and i live in colorado my jetting is far from stock.

That you ride quads? It is ;)

you say that, but you don't know what you are missing, or you just suck... LOL it's stupid to takes side's for one or the other. they are both a lot of fun!

Edited by yz250474

a new girl friend.....JK 

I would put it on a good helmet even if I had to add to it. But uh I barrel rolled my 660 on me 4 or 5 times a few years ago..... and still wear the same helmet.....sad, I know.

it ripped the ball joints thru he a arms., wrapped the front rim around the lug nuts.. wish I had the pics right after the crash.  but a good helmet is a good investment.

I was wearing a cheap Fulmer helmet, I truly believe I would be dead if I wont wearing a helmet or one good enough to absorb the impact ( it didn't absorb it all I still had a  huge knot on my forehead) but I walked away. What helmet do you have now?

432160_352938691393419_574772210_n.jpeg

Edited by yz250474

you say that, but you don't know what you are missing, or you just suck... LOL it's stupid to takes side's for one or the other. they are both a lot of fun!

I'm just teasing. Quads are slow, heavy, and too wide tho. Only good for trail work ;)

Priority list.

1. Fix anything that is broken

2. Maintenance (grease bearings, top end if it's about time, clutch plates if they are worn, etc)

3. Tires, even if yours are brand new because you will wear them out and nothing feels as good as a new pair of shoes.

4. New gear

5. Bling (or just save it for gas and oil instead of wasting it here)