Sign in to follow this  

Supercross RV racing again,.....sorta

They all seem to go right to the baja, stadium trucks. Jeff ward went the best rout like Doug Henry though. Stuck to 2 wheels and made real fans of 2 wheel racing proud. Although Doug went snow crossing too it was near to see him on tv running Yamaha 4 stroke prototypes.

They all seem to go right to the baja, stadium trucks. Jeff ward went the best rout like Doug Henry though. Stuck to 2 wheels and made real fans of 2 wheel racing proud. Although Doug went snow crossing too it was near to see him on tv running Yamaha 4 stroke prototypes.

What does that say along the drivers cockpit???

Jeff had a long racing career on 4 wheels :bonk:

110108337-L.jpg

• Like 3

What does that say along the drivers cockpit???

Jeff had a long racing career on 4 wheels :bonk:

110108337-L.jpg

He won 2 national super moto championships and 2 xgames gold s against people like pastrana! Amazing career on 2 wheels imho. Henry beat him in 05 in super moto and ward came back to beat him in 06 while Henry only managed bronze. I forgot who was silver.

He won 2 national super moto championships and 2 xgames gold s against people like pastrana! Amazing career on 2 wheels imho. Henry beat him in 05 in super moto and ward came back to beat him in 06 while Henry only managed bronze. I forgot who was silver.

Mark Burkhart. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the freckle had one heck of a career in both two- and four-wheeled competition.

• Like 3

Wardy was a machine on the 2t big bike class..  I remember it being kind of boring as he dominated his competition.  

• Like 3

yeah that was the vagisil team

here is a press conference with ricky...

that's one of my favorite episodes 

He's recognized by more people for driving cars

He finished 2nd at the Indy 500 while on national TV watched by millions

• Like 1

Wardy was a machine on the 2t big bike class..  I remember it being kind of boring as he dominated his competition.  

Ward was the shit in his day. I looked up to him as a kid it always amazed me how such a little dude could man-handle those big 500 beast like he did.

• Like 4

Wardy never manhandled his bike, he coaxed and caressed it as should be done with a beautiful lady. Two things I doubt you have experienced.

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 4

Wardy never manhandled his bike, he coaxed and caressed it as should be done with a beautiful lady. Two things I doubt you have experienced.

With age, you get a cage. - Travis Pastrana on racing Rally Cars.

Hannah raced airplanes and F2 boats. He nearly died when his P51 broke a control surface and he blacked out from high G forces. He was lucky it climbed long enough for him to come to and get it under control.

• Like 3

With age, you get a cage. - Travis Pastrana on racing Rally Cars.

Hannah raced airplanes and F2 boats. He nearly died when his P51 broke a control surface and he blacked out from high G forces. He was lucky it climbed long enough for him to come to and get it under control.

never heard that, talk about being lucky..  

• Like 1

Well your mom always liked it rough George so I never needed to caress. 

• Like 5

never heard that, talk about being lucky..

I guess the P51 wants to climb at racing speeds and the elevator trim tab keeps it down. When the trim tab broke, he shot straight up. The next pilot to have the same problem wasn't so lucky.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/a7264/how-a-small-piece-of-metal-caused-the-reno-air-race-crash-6481596/

http://www.aviationlawmonitor.com/2011/09/articles/accident-investigation-1/reno-p51-pilot-a-hero/

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 1

I guess the P51 wants to climb at racing speeds and the elevator trim tab keeps it down. When the trim tab broke, he shot straight up. The next pilot to have the same problem wasn't so lucky.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/a7264/how-a-small-piece-of-metal-caused-the-reno-air-race-crash-6481596/

interesting read...  sounds like its a battle to keep it flying level at those high speeds...

Ward was the shit in his day. I looked up to him as a kid it always amazed me how such a little dude could man-handle those big 500 beast like he did.

did not wardy while riding mx have his gut cut open from a foot peg?

interesting read...  sounds like its a battle to keep it flying level at those high speeds...

I added a second article link. The plane was designed to fly at 350-400, pushing it to 500 can start to over stress it.

I read another story about adding some extra metal to the rudder of racing P51 and it flew off in practice. The pilot said someone called and said they had a piece of our plane. The crew went over to get it back before the FAA became involved.

• Like 1