FFS!

Really shouldn't expect nothing less. Went into local Yamaha shop to buy frictions...

"nope, don't stock them, Yamaha doesn't consider them a high wear item. I can get them in next Wednesday though"

Its like I own the most exotic bike in the world in my parts. You CANNOT buy normal wear and tear parts for the most common Yamahas at my local dealership...Orange is looking mighty good...

• Like 9

Sad state of affairs. Went to a dealer a few years back. Oil filter, drain plug washers. Nope, have to order. But they did have chromed GSX-R rims in stock as well as extended swing arms and do-rags.

I went to another shop to use their dyno. I had an on board A/F data logger to track A/F, rpm, throttle position, temp. They thought I worked for the manufacturer with 'all that tech'. The head mechanic also had the same bike (DRZ SM) boasting how he got over 40hp from his bike and that he 'knew the secrets'. My first dyno run pulled 54 hp. I was running rich...........

Out of the twenty or so dealers I have been to in VA, only two were any good. A Yamaha Dealer in Culpepper and the Ducati Dealer in Winchester. The rest were all jokes.

• Like 2

I only shop online these days. I can get stuff from the US, delivered to my door step, quicker than my local bike shop is "willing" to get it   ? .

BTO even give me more of a discount than the local shop I was going to for over 20 yrs   ? .

BTO in the USA

Ballard's Off Road in Oz . In most cases, they have my parts on my door step by 9:00am the next day. Too Easyyyyyy  :ride: .

Never been happier with the service  ? .

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 2

I only shop online these days. I can get stuff from the US, delivered to my door step, quicker than my local bike shop is "willing" to get it   ? .

BTO even give me more of a discount than the local shop I was going to for over 20 yrs   ? .

BTO in the USA

Ballard's Off Road in Oz . In most cases, they have my parts on my door step by 9:00am the next day. Too Easyyyyyy  :ride: .

Never been happier with the service  ? .

BTO does seem to have the best customer service.  I have been very pleased with them.

Move to Denver. Local Yamaha dealer has tons of stuff you wouldn't expect (went there for years). Oh, BTW- I ride orange now. Keep thinkin I need to go back to Yammi- specially since they got the new YZ. I think I'm getting old 'cause jes putting gas in from the trailer into the 4t is pretty convenient. Pretty sweet lookin bike though.................

Right, strait logical. A dealer doesn't have the parts you need so blame the entire brand.

North County Yamaha in San Diego, always amazed the stuff i need at the last minute that they have stocked. And when they didn't have them stocked the tech's had knowledge of what would work to get me through the weekend.

Edited by Blowin_Trannys
  • Like 1

Right, strait logical. A dealer doesn't have the parts you need so blame the entire brand.

North County Yamaha in San Diego, always amazed the stuff i need at the last minute that they have stocked. And when they didn't have them stocked the tech's had knowledge of what would work to get me through the weekend.

North County s a great dealer.

The dealer I go to has really surprised me at times. I usually go there if I need a specialty screw, bolt, or any small part that I did not expect to have to replace and has to be OEM. Almost always they check their computer system and say, "nope it's not in our system, but let me go take a look." Sure enough they almost always have what I need. However I've never tried buying any major components from there...I would guess they don't stock many year specific pricey parts.

Edited by Metal and Dirt

Common sense would say that a clutch is a fairly common part to have lying around. As are brakes pads, grips, etc etc. To sit and say that Yamaha doesn't consider the clutch a common wear part is ridiculous...

• Like 2

the honda dealership in Lethbridge AB doesnt even stock clutch levers, 21" tubes, or OEM front brake pads.  all of which fir 03-15 crf250/450s.  pretty sad.

theyve got a brand new husaberg on the showroom floor thats been leaking oil from the drain plug for 6+ months now.

thank god for ebay and border shipping outlets.  10$ fuel, 5% gst, and im saving 60%. 

Really shouldn't expect nothing less. Went into local Yamaha shop to buy frictions...

"nope, don't stock them, Yamaha doesn't consider them a high wear item. I can get them in next Wednesday though"

Its like I own the most exotic bike in the world in my parts. You CANNOT buy normal wear and tear parts for the most common Yamahas at my local dealership...Orange is looking mighty good...

Its very rare for the dealer to have anything in stock for me at all.

Most things are an order so like Addicted to Bling, online shopping becomes convenient. Why wait for something to come into the shop for more $$$ when I could have it delivered to my house for cheaper as well as faster.

I try to support the local shops that treat me like a human rather than an inconvenience... however it gets old continually having to go to the KAWI DEALER to order my KTM or Suzuki parts and I'm guaranteed a wait (KTM, Suzuki and Yamaha are all in the one dealer).

The Kawi dealer need to get the Beta or GasGas dealership deal. I don't want a 4t motocrosser, although I'd probably buy a KXF250 if I needed a 4t MX bike.

Edited by BushPig
  • Like 1

Sad state of affairs. Went to a dealer a few years back. Oil filter, drain plug washers. Nope, have to order. But they did have chromed GSX-R rims in stock as well as extended swing arms and do-rags.

I went to another shop to use their dyno. I had an on board A/F data logger to track A/F, rpm, throttle position, temp. They thought I worked for the manufacturer with 'all that tech'. The head mechanic also had the same bike (DRZ SM) boasting how he got over 40hp from his bike and that he 'knew the secrets'. My first dyno run pulled 54 hp. I was running rich...........

Out of the twenty or so dealers I have been to in VA, only two were any good. A Yamaha Dealer in Culpepper and the Ducati Dealer in Winchester. The rest were all jokes.

have you ever been do Casey in Newport News?

I own orange, blue, red, green and a "Can"-Am. I don't think it's a "Yamaha" issue as much as just a dealership issue regardless of brand. I've run into the same problem with the shops of all the brands I've owned.

I really can't get my head around it either. The shops piss and moan about loosing so much business to the Internet stores. Yet their shelve are empty. I guarantee if they had those common parts they would sell them. Every time I need a part I check with my local shop first. I don't mind paying a little extra money because I really like them (KTM guys.. Yamaha shop blows here, I won't even deal with them) and I want to support my local shop as much as possible. But I just cant justify having them order something, waiting twice as long to get it, making two trips to the shop, and paying more money when I can order it on line and they will drop the stuff on my door step in two days.

The simple solution, have that shit sitting on the shelf.. This is not rocket science. I don't know why they can't figure this out? I wonder if the manufacturers have a say in what they can and can't have. That seems crazy to me, one would think the OEM's would want as much stuff on those shelves as possible. Or even require a minimum amount of parts in stock. But that's really the only explanation I can think of. It kinda sucks, I would really like to do more business locally.

• Like 2

A mate who sponsored me and owns the shop I used to go to. For over 20 yrs.

When the AUD was worth 107 USD I thought I'd do the righty and go get some parts I wanted from him. I was very well aware I could stay home, push a few buttons, and get it cheaper. To my door.

Anyway. I drive in there (Big effort for me. I'm slightly anti social). The booby girl he employed is behind the counter. Right next to the PC, doing her nails.

"G-day. Can you please get me a price on a new, full Ti FMF system for my CRF250X"?

Her reply. "Just go home and look it up online".

I'm like  ?  ? .  I'm thinking, "Unreal, I come in here to support my mate and this biatch is telling me to go home and look shit up myself".   :banghead:

I'm thinking. "Stuff it. I'm gonna go tell him what she just said". Took a couple seconds to think about that and ended up leaving. For the last time.  I'd had a biatch about her once before and he took her side  ? . Took her 4 months to get me a set of Talon wheels. The lies she tried to spin me were insulting.

Ordered the next set from "Ballard's Off Road". Arrived 3 days later, $200.00 less than the set from my local  :rant: .

I've spent atleast 30/40K since  ? . If I wanted to see a nice pair of booby's. I'd go to a booby bar  :banghead: . I'll be back with bells on, when he takes out the trash  ? .

I know of 8 other people who refuse to do business there whilst she is working there. His loss. We shouldn't have to put up with her PMS driven attitude.

A good Mate had a blew with her at clud day once. Her mother used to carry some weight at the power stations. She got my mate sacked. He knows everyone and is very popular. Her mother, and father, are now homeless and living with her ATM. Karma.

Must be my mate who owns the shops love child, you can't say a bad word against her.

AUD is at 71 cents USD now. I'm loosing money going through BTO. But don't mind paying a little extra for Decent service.

I use to get free labour at the shop. I'm paying top dollar for the same loabour at another shop ATM.

:rant:  Rant over! 

Edited by AddictedToBling

We have a Honda/Yam/Kaw/Zuke/KTM shop here that is the same way,unless you need a $500 KTM jacket, it's the closest shop to me as well......I shop elsewhere.

A Honda/Zuke/Yam shop  that I use gets my business, They have most REASONABLE parts in stock. Tell the counter Lady what size bolt, she'll tell you what and where it goes, then look it up....IN STOCK! They get most of my Honda business.

Ride red. ?

Honda dealers have the same problem.

I own orange, blue, red, green and a "Can"-Am. I don't think it's a "Yamaha" issue as much as just a dealership issue regardless of brand. I've run into the same problem with the shops of all the brands I've owned.

I really can't get my head around it either. The shops piss and moan about loosing so much business to the Internet stores. Yet their shelve are empty. I guarantee if they had those common parts they would sell them. Every time I need a part I check with my local shop first. I don't mind paying a little extra money because I really like them (KTM guys.. Yamaha shop blows here, I won't even deal with them) and I want to support my local shop as much as possible. But I just cant justify having them order something, waiting twice as long to get it, making two trips to the shop, and paying more money when I can order it on line and they will drop the stuff on my door step in two days.

The simple solution, have that shit sitting on the shelf.. This is not rocket science. I don't know why they can't figure this out? I wonder if the manufacturers have a say in what they can and can't have. That seems crazy to me, one would think the OEM's would want as much stuff on those shelves as possible. Or even require a minimum amount of parts in stock. But that's really the only explanation I can think of. It kinda sucks, I would really like to do more business locally.

This! pretty simple.