Sign in to follow this  

Foot pegs

I wanna get some good pegs but some wider ones and a little more grip and look good on my kawi but I don't want them to wear my sg12s out in two months cause root pegs are only hundred and 20 bucks or so unless you get rapters but sg12 are like 500 so I just didn't no if there was a little upgrade from stock pegs cause they suck especially when the packed with mud

I have been really satisfied with the IMS pro series pegs. Good price and solid feeling, the outer teeth are slightly taller which helps keep your boots against the bike. The gaps are large enough that any mud will just be pressed through the pegs when you stand on them. The teeth are sharp but they don't seem to be damaging to my boot soles.

I dig em but there are probably lots of good options out there.

I have been really satisfied with the IMS pro series pegs. Good price and solid feeling, the outer teeth are slightly taller which helps keep your boots against the bike. The gaps are large enough that any mud will just be pressed through the pegs when you stand on them. The teeth are sharp but they don't seem to be damaging to my boot soles.

I just got done looking at them are they wider then oem

those IMS Pro's are on my shortlist...

good lookin an a little bigger...

and was lookin at some spiked wide fat (probably knockoffs) CNC blingy ones (airtime) that come with extra spikes

man they look cool,,,

but then I talk myself down... :smirk:

• Like 1

as per fitment on my 2002 300EXC

• Wider than stock to provide better traction and control with your feet staying in place and not sliding; the wider platform spreads out impact forces, reducing strain on your feet
  • IMS Pro Series Foot Pegs are made out of 17-4 stainless steel then powder coated and polished making them less susceptible to damage
  • Patented tooth design with taller teeth on the outside edge for better control and riding performance
  • Roughly 2 inch x 3 inch, these pegs make a huge difference in the control and handling of your bike

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OPE42E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=20IWK4P3C922F&coliid=I2CURRLH4BH79M

412SVuu8kAL.jpg

Edited by THUMPERRRR

They are slightly wider than my stock RM250 pegs. I just measured the width and they come out to 1 and 15/16" so there is that.

Tons of options = tons of options on pegs

So I had a friend give me a brand new pair of Pivot Pegz about 8 months ago. The pegs I was using at the time were OK and I thought Pivot Pegz were a bit gimmicky but put them on cus I didn't want to offend my buddy.

http://www.pivotpegz.net/

Pivot%20Pegz.jpg

I ride off road, technical, single track and never ride tracks and I have to say that I REALLY like these A LOT. They are nice and wide, I've had zero sole wear with my size 11 TECH10's and I find they help be stay on the balls of my feet when needed, make it easier to shift/brake, and feel more balanced front to back on steep ascents/descents.

I spray a squirt of Maxima MPPL into the moving parts to displace water if required.

I'm 100% sold and will put these on any bike I own.

If Maxima or Pivot Pegz would like to sponsor me, send me a PM

• Like 3

I really like the fastway pegs, they come with 2 different length set screws giving you a couple different options for pin setup. They also have completely different pin style options. The biggest benefit for me, being tall, was the 10 mm lower 10mm back setting. Made going from seated to standing c easier, made riding while standing easier, and gives a slightly lower center of gravity.

I stole that sweet pic from the interweb lol

But ya, I'm a new(noob) owner to a 2003 TM 250en but have yet to take it out.

I have replaced some odds and ends on it, cleaned it up a little and I'm just trying to take in as much info as I can for now.

Blue mountain is my backyard pretty much but I am in no way ready for that.

Plan is to figure it out until I break something expensive and rebuild it to "trophy" status.