Sign in to follow this  

Front tire opinion's

So what's everyone running for front tires ? I'm using a mx52f and a 71 rear I ride mostly hard pack and am over the front of the bike a lot. And sometimes feel like the front wants to slide some. Only logged maybe 5 hours on the Suzuki since coming from a crf450 and the Suzuki really does not seem like the turning beast I remember riding a few years ago when I rode a buddies and feel in love and had to have one. Bike has a PC link and a FC revalve with a rear shock ressivor extension. I know I need a new rear spring since when I set my sag at 105mm my static sag is 45mm. But the bike feels so good while riding besides in some corners.

Running 12-14psi front and rear

Edited by AdamW21

So what's everyone running for front tires ? I'm using a mx52f and a 71 rear I ride mostly hard pack and am over the front of the bike a lot. And sometimes feel like the front wants to slide some. Only logged maybe 5 hours on the Suzuki since coming from a crf450 and the Suzuki really does not seem like the turning beast I remember riding a few years ago when I rode a buddies and feel in love and had to have one. Bike has a PC link and a FC revalve with a rear shock ressivor extension. I know I need a new rear spring since when I set my sag at 105mm my static sag is 45mm. But the bike feels so good while riding besides in some corners.

Running 12-14psi front and rear

This might sound slightly mad. But, try a Pirelli MT320. You'll just have to trust me.  F&R  ;) .

Oh no !! I don't think I can do that. Last pirelli tired I ran it chunked the first ride. I'm a Dunlop guy. Took off a pretty new set of Bridgestone 404/403 for these dunlops. My Honda had 71 front and rear but Dunlop thought it was a good idea to do away with the 71 front so I'm stuck with a 52f

Edited by AdamW21

Oh no !! I don't think I can do that. Last pirelli tired I ran it chunked the first ride. I'm a Dunlop guy. Took off a pretty new set of Bridgestone 404/403 for these dunlops. My Honda had 71 front and rear but Dunlop thought it was a good idea to do away with the 71 front so I'm stuck with a 52f

Grab yaself a new front Dunlop MX32 and go for one ride. I'm pretty sure your opinion of Dunlop will change  :lol: . Look where your Dunlops are being made these days. 

The MT320's have been around for yrs, might even be hard to get these days, you could get them off Flea-Bay really cheap a few yrs back. Trust me mate, on hard pack they are like X-Mas  :thumbsup: .

They came stock on the CRF230 over here.

I had a mate who used to get all of his tires off the 2nd hand tire heap out the back of the local bike shop. You don't know tight until you meet this bloke. Gave him my old MT320 front, and from then on out, he bought new MT320's  :lol: .

A 64 yr old mate. Best rider I've ever seen, put me onto them. He picked a set up from Flea-Bay just because he couldn't resist the price, sat in the shed for yrs, he eventually put them on and was amazed. 

He was amazed, shoulda seen my face when his KTM actually turned a corner. Willingly   :lol: .

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 1

Bridgestone x30 or Dunlop MX32 for me.

Or you can try one of these... I'd buy a couple if I were you. 

http://www.motosport.com/dunlop-geomax-mx71-front-tire?mmy=suzuki;rmz450;2014&mmy_source=pdp

You're welcome :thumbsup:

Edited by BDubb106

Bridgestone x30 or Dunlop MX32 for me.

Or you can try one of these... I'd buy a couple if I were you. 

http://www.motosport.com/dunlop-geomax-mx71-front-tire?mmy=suzuki;rmz450;2014&mmy_source=pdp

You're welcome :thumbsup:

MX32 ? Really  :jawdrop: . Thought you'd know better than that. How's the front knobs holding up? Are there any left?   :lol: . Junk.

Where was that 71 front when I was trying to buy it !!! Motorsport said they was discontinued two months ago. That's why I got stuck with this 52f

Where was that 71 front when I was trying to buy it !!! Motorsport said they was discontinued two months ago. That's why I got stuck with this 52f

I used to like Dunlop. Right up until the pros were getting their tires made in Japan whilst ours were being made in Indonisia. Now they're just taking advantage of people  :naughty: .

Tried the MX-52's and 32's. Both are total rubbish :rolleyes: . Destroyed the 32's in one ride, on a 144cc, on sand :facepalm:   :lol:. The 52 front was just shite  :thumbsdn: .

MX32 ? Really  :jawdrop: . Thought you'd know better than that. How's the front knobs holding up? Are there any left?   :lol: . Junk.

I have the last 403 I could find on the bike right now, which is by far my favorite tire ever. Last front was a MX32 and it wore pretty well. Not sure how many hours exactly were on it. It didn't last as long as the Bridgestone's but I still felt it was a really good tire. No chunking or tearing at all. Our local tracks have some pretty epic dirt though with lots of moisture with minimal rocks and hardpack. Think chocolate cake consistency. 

Traction was out of this world with the 32 though. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. If the next one chunks then I won't buy another. The only Dunlop I have ever had an issue with as far as chunking was the original 51 rear.

Edit: I hate the 52 up front as well but love it on the rear. 

Edited by BDubb106

Mx32.......and trust me I never thought I would use another tire aftwr running the Pirelli MT32.....that tire is like velcro.....in fact I may grab one just to compare to the MX32 because it's been a while but that Pirelli MT32 was a game changer for me on several bikes it's rediculous. What is your fork height btw?

• Like 1

I have the last 403 I could find on the bike right now, which is by far my favorite tire ever. Last front was a MX32 and it wore pretty well. Not sure how many hours exactly were on it. It didn't last as long as the Bridgestone's but I still felt it was a really good tire. No chunking or tearing at all. Our local tracks have some pretty epic dirt though with lots of moisture with minimal rocks and hardpack. Think chocolate cake consistency. 

Traction was out of this world with the 32 though. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. If the next one chunks then I won't buy another. The only Dunlop I have ever had an issue with as far as chunking was the original 51 rear.

Edit: I hate the 52 up front as well but love it on the rear. 

i have a 52f rear on my 125 and it still looks brand new after several hours i love the 52f's rear they are great. i just can't find a front tire that fits me like the 71  maybe i just need more seat time on the suzuki, its a completely different animal then a honda  my forks are 5mm up in the clamps and the bike has some applied clamps, wonder if the clamps make it worse ?

Sounds like you need a rear spring change, if you do ride over the front a lot when you get back on the seat or near the back of the seat I'm guessing your bike choppers out. Does it get wallowy? Guess it's hard to tell with hard pack but in the sand I bet it would.

Try the new michelin starcross, you can thank me later :ride:

• Like 1

i have a 52f rear on my 125 and it still looks brand new after several hours i love the 52f's rear they are great. i just can't find a front tire that fits me like the 71  maybe i just need more seat time on the suzuki, its a completely different animal then a honda  my forks are 5mm up in the clamps and the bike has some applied clamps, wonder if the clamps make it worse ?

It may... what offset are they?

That 52 front is junk though... I would ditch that thing before you make any other changes. 

besides the front tire idk what it could be. i changed the bars to the exact ones i always ran on hondas. i can get on my 05 cr125 with a cheap artrax front tire and be all over the front end and never have a issue, that think even sticks in the sand !

I did like the feel of the MX-32. But can't afford to replace them every 2nd ride or so.

Mine is gone, but, I'll see if I can snap a pic of the one on a mates bike ATM. No outside knobs left on it at all. Mine still had a couple  :lol: .

His is on a 2014 YZF450.

• Like 2

Sounds like you need a rear spring change, if you do ride over the front a lot when you get back on the seat or near the back of the seat I'm guessing your bike choppers out. Does it get wallowy? Guess it's hard to tell with hard pack but in the sand I bet it would.

Try the new michelin starcross, you can thank me later :ride:

im beleiving you are right, i think the static sag is killing me i haven't rode it in the sand since i hate abusing 4t in the sand

I'm on an MT32 front ATM and an 18" XC on the rear. Our tracks go from sand to hard pack to slippery red clay constantly.

I didn't mind the MX-52 rear. But, I run Tu-Bliss and those suckers are way to hard to change. MT32 mid soft tires go on by hand. In winter.

Sand, Hard pack, Slippery red clay. Need an all rounder. If the MX-32's held up I'd run them.

Tires are both flat in this video. Had to psi too low and knocked the air out whilst hitting fallen tree crosings. Was the terrain changes I wanted to show you though anyway. just sayin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0yOGoDgdQ