Sign in to follow this  

Illinois Tire for illinois spring harescrambles

I'm gonna buy some M-12's based on recommendations I've come across.  I want to start getting into hare scrambles this spring also.  I'm pretty new to riding and only do trails around the house.

I'm gonna buy some M-12's based on recommendations I've come across.  I want to start getting into hare scrambles this spring also.  I'm pretty new to riding and only do trails around the house.

Are you sure they didnt say S-12? I havent been racing as much the last couple years but it was a hot setup for a long time to have a M-12 front and S-12 rear. I tried a M-12 once and it absolutely did not work on anything except hard dry clay. I have just tried a Maxxis EN and it worked good and lasted.

Are you sure they didnt say S-12? I havent been racing as much the last couple years but it was a hot setup for a long time to have a M-12 front and S-12 rear. I tried a M-12 once and it absolutely did not work on anything except hard dry clay. I have just tried a Maxxis EN and it worked good and lasted.

I have been going back and forth and I think I might go with the Maxxis IT instead.  You are correct btw

It depends on what you are looking for. A tire that works and last or are you looking to win races and not worry about it lasting for more than a race or 2. The S-12 seemed to last and was great in sand and mud, but after trying the Maxxis I realized it was a better all around tire. There are some tires out that simply just work on anything and stick like glue but shred in 1 good hare scramble. I cannot afford to use these tires.

I'm now looking at the battle cross x30, I don't need it to last forever, but one race is too short of a life. I'd be happy to get half or maybe a full season out of it. I'll probably only run 6 or 8 harescrambles max this coming year.. the rest would just be riding trails