Sign in to follow this  

Screw hole in pipe? leaks oil

Alright u see on part 11 where it connects? Their is a screw hole that goes into the pipe, but when, I install the pipe on the screw doesnt

go in the hole, because it just isnt long enough?? But then oil splatters all over my engine and my bike sounds lean as crap. What am I doing wrong?

GRoPtQP.gif

Edited by CoolYZ

If im reading it right (doubt it) a longer bolt has been fitted and has pierced the stinger !!!!!!!!?????

• Like 1

Maybe bolt#15, which you say is too short, got mixed up with the shorter bolt above it

Maybe bolt#15, which you say is too short, got mixed up with the shorter bolt above it

no i oem ordered it from motosport. is their supposed to be a screw hoel in the pipe? because I can go get it welded

Johnny has it right. Someone put the wrong bolt in at some point and pierced the pipe.

Correct fix it to weld the hole, ensure it is not restrictive and use the correct bolt.

thanks

People do the same thing with the screws that hold the shrouds to the tank. Cam caps. Fork pinch bolts and on and on. When you take something apart and you know the correct bolts were in, compare as you remove. sometimes there are subtle differences. If you really want to be sure, look at the parts listing. It identifies the length, diameter, head type, finish hardness and more.

Also, remember loose and lost is better than seized and stripped.

there is supposed to be a zirk fitting there so you can lube the stinger...  :rolleyes:

so i should I weld it or get one of those

I hope you realize he is yanking your chain...........

you think JB weld would work?