Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse clutch on 2015 500 rs

Has anyone put one of these on? I recently got one and installed it, worked great at first but by the end of the day it wouldn't disengage by means of the clutch lever. Called rekluse the next day and they said there was an updated slave cylinder cup and ball bearing along with a new throwout part.  I just got
the clutch, you would think they would have updated it before selling it to the dealer I bought it from ( get dirty dirt bikes who is great by the way). 
      Rekluse sent me a new slave cylinder and throwout part right away, I put the slave cylinder on but the updated throw out part is a different diameter than the original and fits very loose on the pushrod and the throwout bearing bore is way bigger than the shaft it sits on. 
      I really liked the clutch on the first ride until it quit working right. So I'm hoping I get the bugs worked out. I will probably end up taking it to get dirty dirt 
bikes and have Dave check it out
 ​.    Again I think I am going to really going to like this thing but am bummed considering how much it cost.   ​  

Edited by lajons

just got home from Get Dirty Dirt Bikes, he pulled clutch cover off and pulled clutch apart and said everything is the way its supposed to be. He did all this while I watched and did not charge me. He is the place to deal with for parts ( it seems he has everything hanging on the walls) and service/advice. Very nice,helpful knowledgeable people. Now I need to just go ride it.

• Like 2

just got home from Get Dirty Dirt Bikes, he pulled clutch cover off and pulled clutch apart and said everything is the way its supposed to be. He did all this while I watched and did not charge me. He is the place to deal with for parts ( it seems he has everything hanging on the walls) and service/advice. Very nice,helpful knowledgeable people. Now I need to just go ride it.

Dave is the man. Really good guy the deal with and almost always has what you need.

Thanks for the update. I would have guessed it would be handled If I knew Get Dirty Dave was involved.

I'm curious about your riding impressions with the Rekluse on this model once you use it some . I've had one on my last bike and have thought about another one if I end up with too much money. The 500 RS is such a diesel and requires very little shifting and clutch work anyways, but I'm always looking for another edge..

My previous bike was a 14 500 exc, I sold it and bought the 500 rs which is a lot better bike for me, lower seat height, linkage suspension. I like riding tight, technical single tract trails. I don't have too much time riding with the recluse yet now that I've got it dialed in. On my initial ride I thought it was the neatest thing and still do. I like being able to rock crawl and not have to finger the clutch lever. Even before the recluse I didn't stall the beta near as much as the ktm sometimes wonder if it's because of carb vs. F.I.
     For me the beta is​ one of the best bikes I've ever owned. I've added a lightweight battery, probend barkbusters, supersprox, TMD skid plate and chain guides, IMS tank, seat concepts low seat (super comfy) 90/100 tractionator front tire, mountain hybrid rear tire, low profile turn signals all around, jd jet kit, and recluse clutch. suspension seems to work great for me the way it came.     
     I don't think there is much more I'll do to this bike other than ride it. It's kind of funny when I go riding in my local mountains everyone is on a ktm, which they would say that proves a point. I believe beta is an undiscovered secret and holds its own with any of those bikes in a lot of ways better. A big advantage to it too is Get Dirty Dirt Bikes, I like doing all the work on my bike, if I have a problem I can call Dave and over the phone he knows to nut or bolt what I need to do. I think you'd be hard pressed to call most of the local ktm dealers and even get to talk to a mechanic.     ​

• Like 1

Me and my buddy both had to retro fit upgrades to rekluse on our 300's funny thing was mine was working and his wasn't! Both working within spec now

I fought mine in my 15 350rr for months. Finally took a day with my brother and I working on it.

I bet we had it in/out 6-7 times that day. Finally just took out. We left the slave cyl on but took everything else out. Don called Rekluse when he got to his shop that next week. He told them what we tried and that we ended up taking it out. They sent a whole new pressure plate assembly (the AL thing that makes the clutch engage) and I sent the original one back. The new one came completely assembled and in a small box that was labeled "update Beta"

I reassembled it, put Lucus full synthetic 10w40 in it, ran it through the Rekluse break in process and it has worked great ever since.

I've ran a Rekluse in every dirtbike I've owned since 2004 and I was really wanting a Zstart Pro for this Beta. Now I'm happy with this one.

I'm running 3 red and 3 blue springs and it works like it should for me.

Edited by Guest

My previous bike was a 14 500 exc, I sold it and bought the 500 rs which is a lot better bike for me, lower seat height, linkage suspension. I like riding tight, technical single tract trails. I don't have too much time riding with the recluse yet now that I've got it dialed in. On my initial ride I thought it was the neatest thing and still do. I like being able to rock crawl and not have to finger the clutch lever. Even before the recluse I didn't stall the beta near as much as the ktm sometimes wonder if it's because of carb vs. F.I.

For me the beta is​ one of the best bikes I've ever owned. I've added a lightweight battery, probend barkbusters, supersprox, TMD skid plate and chain guides, IMS tank, seat concepts low seat (super comfy) 90/100 tractionator front tire, mountain hybrid rear tire, low profile turn signals all around, jd jet kit, and recluse clutch. suspension seems to work great for me the way it came.     

I don't think there is much more I'll do to this bike other than ride it. It's kind of funny when I go riding in my local mountains everyone is on a ktm, which they would say that proves a point. I believe beta is an undiscovered secret and holds its own with any of those bikes in a lot of ways better. A big advantage to it too is Get Dirty Dirt Bikes, I like doing all the work on my bike, if I have a problem I can call Dave and over the phone he knows to nut or bolt what I need to do. I think you'd be hard pressed to call most of the local ktm dealers and even get to talk to a mechanic.     ​

I look forward to more review once you have a chance to do more riding with this clutch.  I have my 12 500 exc with Rekluse for sale and will be purchasing a Beta 480 in Canada (I think that is the same as the 500 in the states?).  I am excited about the lower seat height and the linkage suspension.

Oldcow

I look forward to more review once you have a chance to do more riding with this clutch.  I have my 12 500 exc with Rekluse for sale and will be purchasing a Beta 480 in Canada (I think that is the same as the 500 in the states?).  I am excited about the lower seat height and the linkage suspension.

Oldcow

Rekluse clutch is the best thing I've bought, thing is great for technical single track trails

• Like 1

I love mine in my 15 500rs. I haven't got it adjusted perfectly.

When I put it in gear it pulls slightly even with the clutch in and it's enough to not be able to get it in neutral I have to shut it off.

I called rekluse and they said there are no updates and the bolt is likely to tight it needs to be at 50ftlbs. So we I'll see how it does with that.

I love it and I would like it to be perfect.

I'm really frustrated with recluse clutch, I love it when it works. It has drag all the time. Called recluse they gave me some things to do (tighten loose plug in pressure plate) made no difference.
     Going to take it up to Get Dirty Dirt Bikes to see if he can figure if out.

• Like 1

Sorry to here that, but he is great! 

The rekluse is quite simple, mine has been flawless for 1800 miles, 2 years. sweet light feel clutch handle, works like a flawless regular clutch till I get into tight stuff or till I get lazy. Get Dirty will make it right!

I'm really frustrated with recluse clutch, I love it when it works. It has drag all the time. Called recluse they gave me some things to do (tighten loose plug in pressure plate) made no difference.

Going to take it up to Get Dirty Dirt Bikes to see if he can figure if out.

Sorry to here that, but he is great! 

The rekluse is quite simple, mine has been flawless for 1800 miles, 2 years. sweet light feel clutch handle, works like a flawless regular clutch till I get into tight stuff or till I get lazy. Get Dirty will make it right!

Dave will get it dialed in for you. BTW, a little drag is perfectly normal. Main thing is to get the freeplay gain set correctly. 

• Like 1

Dave will get it dialed in for you. BTW, a little drag is perfectly normal. Main thing is to get the freeplay gain set correctly. 

Problem with clutch was every so often I had to keep adjusting slave cylinder, turning in, to keep free play correct until it was bottomed out. Dave Turner fixed it by modifying pressure plate plug. He's a stand up guy.

• Like 1