Sign in to follow this  

Wireing your grips

Got some medium renthal grips and I wanna get sum good wire the last wire I got it got rusty.

tusk safety wire

• Like 1

I have a small spool from harbor freight and it didnt have any corrosion at all after a year on my grips. It is thicker than what I normally use but if its cut and tucked up right I cant tell its there when im riding.

tusk safety wire

Yep, get the stuff that is actually made for the job, you won't regret spending the little extra. ;)

Yep, get the stuff that is actually made for the job, you won't regret spending the little extra. ;)

Yea that's how I feel where can I order it I think it looks pretty good when you use the right wire

Buy a pound roll of .032 stainless aircraft safety wire from a supply house.  Wrap the out side with duct tape and feed the wire out the middle..  Lifetime dirtbike supply.   About 20 bucks.   Skip the special tools, I have many styles and never use them for bike work.

Edited by highmarker

Just slap em on and don't use anything. You'll learn to ride with a light and lose grip.

I'm serious. 8:07 in the Video. Hard to see but i slip my grip off the bars. Had to flick a bit of water out. That can be a pain, but, not as much of a pain as arm pump and blisters   :thumbsup: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0yOGoDgdQ

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 1

I have a small spool from harbor freight and it didnt have any corrosion at all after a year on my grips. It is thicker than what I normally use but if its cut and tucked up right I cant tell its there when im riding.

Brother in law bought the same stuff i believe (blue can thing). Def thicker then normal safety wire, but at least you can spin it pretty tight before it breaks. Does require a lil effort to tuck into grip tho. I put the ends at the "rear" of the grip...havent noticed it yet. Get probably 20x more wire for the price, so I guess thickness is worth the trade off.