Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Best place to ride in Michigan (LP)

I live around Battle Creek and I am looking for a good place to ride that is not more than 3 hours away. I want to try a couple new places next season.

I like a lot of challenging singletrack and lots of steep hill climbs. I don't mind ATV trails as long as there are some hills and tough sections. I've been to bundy hill a few times and i like it, mostly because of the hill climbs. My friends took me to some trails near Mt. Pleasant and they were okay but it was not worth the 2 hour drive. I need more than flat atv trails.

Evart looks like it is okay. It is hard to tell from videos though. It almost seems too flat and easy and that's with taking into consideration the camera's terrain smoothing effect.

I don't want to make another 2hr+  trip and be disappointed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, I'm not going to measure distances from Battle Creek for you but it seems to me that Lincoln Hills would be one for you to look at. If you haven't done so already check out this website http://www.vvmapping.com/trails/trailInfoMI.html. It provides a brief characterization of each trail in Michigan. (The guy who operates this website makes some money off selling maps for dual-sport enthusiasts so he is always willing to answer questions about trails, and besides that he is just a great guy and willing to help out).

• Like 1

Evart is not incredibly hilly but there is a bit of rocks and varying terrain. You arent really going to find a lot of insane hill climbs here. However, there are some "50in" trails near frederic I have rode a few times.. Actually really fun for a 50in. with quite a bit of elevation change and varying terrain. I mean its not ALL bar tight single track but its also tight enough in a lot of areas im shocked quads would even wanna ride it. lol....doesnt seem like itd be fun for them.

• Like 2

Evart is a fun trail and it has a scramble area w some good hill climbs

I'm from Charlotte, was at bundy way too much this year. sadly we just don't have a whole lot here.

Do you ride mx? Battle creek motorcycle club has land that they host events on as well as Portland trail riders and log road mx. Sadly that's about it without going to holland or north of Grand Rapids.

Used to race 250b back in the day. So I'm real familiar with all the tracks. I still run a few hare scrambles from time to time and really like battle creek. Now I prefer single track. I'm going up to tomahawk trails this weekend. A 3 hr drive from Lansing but I think it's worth it

• Like 2

I don't normally ride on mx tracks and prefer to stay on the trails. It looks like the battle creek motorcycle club has some trails through the woods but I doubt becoming a member would be worth it.