Sign in to follow this  

Looking for input on a bike choice...150r/150f/xr200

Hello to my fellow riders/readers. I'm looking to add a new bike to my stable, something for my girl, or a friend to ride, but also something I can learn to do stand up wheelies on. I really want the 150r for the power, but I don't want my girl to get hurt. She can ride just, hasn't for a while and I don't want her to have a false scents of confidence. Then if I get a 150f or xr200, will it be underpowered, boring, and sit in the garage after she gets comfortable.?? I will be out test riding too but I would like some input on theses bike from those that owned and rode them.

Thank for the help.

Well, the XR and the 150F will fell about the same power wise, but the 150 will have better bad suspension. The 150R is fast, torque, AND has suspension. I've owned all 3 and would only consider the 150R as a viable option. The other two are only reliable, everything else about them is mediocre.

I've owned all three as well.  The 150F is heavy, but can be made into a fun trail bike.  The CRF150R or CRF150RB can be made tamer by a pipe, cam, jetting, and carb work and sprockets,  Plus suspension, and handling stuff, bars clamps, etc.  You can probably get both for about the same price.   I love my CRF150rb.  I think it's the perfect mini-bike.  But I put a lot of work into it to get it just right. 

Awesome, just as I suspected. Thanks guys. Looks like the 150r is the way to go then, with the amount of aftermarket options, and directions I can go with it. Now it's off to the 150r section and figure out some tuning, and back to craigslist to do more searching.