Sign in to follow this  

2015 adr rmx450z fuel range

G'day all. I am wondering what fuel range people are getting with the stock 6.2l tank. Haven't run it dry yet. Road riding mostly keeping to speed limits i'm getiing 80-85km and low fuel light comes on and use about 4.5-5 ltrs. Went to a local beach and 45k (all on beach,no fuel light) used 4.4 ltrs approx. I am trying to decide whether I strap a fuel cell on my back or get an IMS 10ltr tank. Leaning towards the IMS. Has anyone fitted an IMS tank and if so how was the process. I will need to get at least 100kms between refuel with hard riding.  Any feedback would be great.

Cheers,

Fangsy

Thank you for the links farmernz. I am going to pull the trigger on an IMS tank soon. Glad I upgraded from my DRZ400E.

Thank you for the links farmernz. I am going to pull the trigger on an IMS tank soon. Glad I upgraded from my DRZ400E.

me too, the drz was good but the rmx is great.

G'day all. I am wondering what fuel range people are getting with the stock 6.2l tank. Haven't run it dry yet. Road riding mostly keeping to speed limits i'm getiing 80-85km and low fuel light comes on and use about 4.5-5 ltrs. Went to a local beach and 45k (all on beach,no fuel light) used 4.4 ltrs approx. I am trying to decide whether I strap a fuel cell on my back or get an IMS 10ltr tank. Leaning towards the IMS. Has anyone fitted an IMS tank and if so how was the process. I will need to get at least 100kms between refuel with hard riding.  Any feedback would be great.

Cheers,

Fangsy

About 70ks till light! all bush Reversed ADR version with open airbox and cherry bomb! 

Cheers Hongie, I have the ADR removed and airbox open also. I got an IMS 10l tank delivered yesterday. Will fit it maybe this weekend. How much different is the bike with the cheery bomb?

Cheers Hongie, I have the ADR removed and airbox open also. I got an IMS 10l tank delivered yesterday. Will fit it maybe this weekend. How much different is the bike with the cheery bomb?

To be honest i don't know? Reversed everything from the crate before the first start! Bike feels strong off bottom, little weaker up top! Big engine pulses, caught me out a few times when first getting used to it, stalled it when lugging it up hills! i know to keep the revs up slightly more now!  :thumbsup: .. I prob will do the big tank before next seasons high country runs! we easy do 200k days! For now its been too hot and dry here for any lengthy rides  :(

I put the new tank on last year and haven't done that much riding since. In the last few weeks I done 138km (30km in bush/hills) and filled up to the max with 8.33ltrs, I haven't had the low fuel light come on yet, so am thinking I should get 150km to a tank. When its cooler up here in NQ ill really test it out with the DSMRA rides which are usually about 100k (90% bush riding). I am very happy I put the bigger tank on, easy fit up and don't notice the extra size when riding. :thumbsup:  :ride:

Hi fangsy

Can u send me the link where u purchased ur tank from pls. Is the rmz450 tank the one?

Cheers

Glenn

Edited by thegun

G'day Glenn. I bought the tank from Springwood Suzuki in Brisbane over the phone. Their number is 07 3208 7999. First I called Future Sport Suzuki in Townsville being the closest to me then Ballards Off Road (NSW) but they did not have one in stock. The tank is RMZ450 & RMX450 (2008-2010), IMS Tank ID:RM19, IMS Part#115529 / 215529. Cost me about $430 I think. Got my sis to pick it up repack it and del to me in NQ. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Fangsy

Hi Fansys

Fitted the new tank up today but have a question concerning the ims cap, it isnt vented, should it be?

cheers

Glenn

Hey Glenn. Yes. mine is vented. I replied on Friday with my phone but it must not have come through. Sorry for the delay.