Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know what happened to the Member "Machinist"?

I tried to send this member a message a few weeks ago because I had a question about his MCCT's that he makes but I have gotten no response. His website is also no longer up. He seems like he's no stranger to TT but has not been on the site in a while. Anyone know what happened to him??

Then you have to consider the guy as having 'moved on'. Either sick, dead, took up Boccie Ball.

The last time he actually posted was in 2007. Not a very 'active member'.

You see this a lot on forums.  He is probably in the lost interest category.

• Like 2

You see this a lot on forums.  He is probably in the lost interest category.

Yup, It happens here a lot. Mostly with the younger guys. Age 14, they get their first bike. Post like crazy, are 'going pro' within a few months. Age 16.5 they get a license. Realize girls DO exist. Sell the bike, buy the lifted F350 rolling on 44's. Cannot afford anything but the girl and diesel. Age 35, they return. Some now can afford anything they want. They buy the bike, new truck, trailer, all the clothes, tools. Ride once. Divorce, marry a stripper. Buy a Harley, get all the clothes, sell the dirt bike trailer to buy a bigger trailer to tow to Sturgis. Ride once. Finally, the sell the bikes and trucks, get a classic caddy convertible, some white bucks and move to Bocca. The circle of life. ;)

• Like 13

Yup, It happens here a lot. Mostly with the younger guys. Age 14, they get their first bike. Post like crazy, are 'going pro' within a few months. Age 16.5 they get a license. Realize girls DO exist. Sell the bike, buy the lifted F350 rolling on 44's. Cannot afford anything but the girl and diesel. Age 35, they return. Some now can afford anything they want. They buy the bike, new truck, trailer, all the clothes, tools. Ride once. Divorce, marry a stripper. Buy a Harley, get all the clothes, sell the dirt bike trailer to buy a bigger trailer to tow to Sturgis. Ride once. Finally, the sell the bikes and trucks, get a classic caddy convertible, some white bucks and move to Bocca. The circle of life. ;)

sadly true but your version depresses me.

sadly true but your version depresses me.

Happened to me, sort of. I rode all year round until age 19, then reveled in the ease of an automobile. So I stopped riding when it was raining or cold. Then after a few more years, the industry mentally burnt me out. Tool box was locked, sheets thrown over the bikes and I did not look at them for about ten years. No riding at all. Got back into it (street riding and sport bikes, dual purpose riding) but as a part of my life, not my entire life. Balance. Now I enjoy every ride and ride at least once a week. Because I want to and not because I feel compelled to.

yep, not a lot of lifers. So many people come and go over the years.

Sheesh, that there is funny!

Joe

yep, not a lot of lifers. So many people come and go over the years.

Since 1969, I have only missed about 4 years when i moved across the country and didn't have a bike.  Been riding steadily for the last 32 years since then and in fact, haven't hardly missed more than a week for at least the last 10 years anyway ( all dirt ).  :ride:

jOE

• Like 1

wheres my V?

cadillac-ctsv-black-5.jpg

CTS-V-5-mod090812.jpg

@William1  How did you become a forum moderator? I notice the title next to your name. 

The owners of TT asked me. Same way it happens on most forums.

Typically, only when a moderator leaves, is there an opening. Then the moderators and site owners think about current members and offer the 'position' to a individual.

You get a company car, free use of the TT plane, new bikes at below cost and a huge paycheck as well as a bridge from Brooklyn. Actually, half the time you have members hating you, some thanking you and you are forced to hold back because of your responsibility to set an example.

• Like 4

Since 1969, I have only missed about 4 years when i moved across the country and didn't have a bike.  Been riding steadily for the last 32 years since then and in fact, haven't hardly missed more than a week for at least the last 10 years anyway ( all dirt ).  :ride:

jOE

Right on Joe! That's cool you ride a lot.

Happened to me, sort of. I rode all year round until age 19, then reveled in the ease of an automobile. So I stopped riding when it was raining or cold. Then after a few more years, the industry mentally burnt me out. Tool box was locked, sheets thrown over the bikes and I did not look at them for about ten years. No riding at all. Got back into it (street riding and sport bikes, dual purpose riding) but as a part of my life, not my entire life. Balance. Now I enjoy every ride and ride at least once a week. Because I want to and not because I feel compelled to.

Being a race mechanic will take the hobby right out of the sport, right?

Glad you didn't abandon it forever.

• Like 1

Being a race mechanic will take the hobby right out of the sport, right?

Glad you didn't abandon it forever.

The only regret I had from taking a hiatus was I got rid of a lot of parts, many custom made items that were basically, irreplaceable.

Custom machined hubs, fuel tanks, suspension, a few engines. I only retained complete bikes and my tools. I gave away a TZ350 that was complete but in parts :banghead:  I could rebuild it in a day and have one in the stable. I had a street title for it too!

The owners of TT asked me. Same way it happens on most forums.

Typically, only when a moderator leaves, is there an opening. Then the moderators and site owners think about current members and offer the 'position' to a individual.

You get a company car, free use of the TT plane, new bikes at below cost and a huge paycheck as well as a bridge from Brooklyn. Actually, half the time you have members hating you, some thanking you and you are forced to hold back because of your responsibility to set an example.

I was a mod a few years ago on a death metal forum.  Talk about a bunch that said whatever popped into their head.  Plus, like William said, you can't let your internal dickhead loose.  Not a rewarding function on a forum.

• Like 1