Sign in to follow this  

2017 rmz450 same or new?

This is not a troll or a ploy to see how many people I can get to respond. It's an honest question. I'm probably buying a new bike next year and would like to know if there is any knowledge of a new bike next year? I LOVE my suzuki and would love to stay but when you're spending he almighty dollar, capitalism speaks. I will buy the best bike out there which, at this point, looks to be a Yamaha or ktm. Thanks.

• Like 1

A couple of people on other forums that have industry ties are claiming an all new rmz450 for 2017.

It's certainly long overdue for an upgrade and it's a heavy bike compare to the Honda and the 2016 kawi and ktm.

But who knows. ?

Sure hope it's changing-  I would think if it is a new bike, some photos would be leaked in next few months- From the Japanese Nationals?

I want to know, too. I'll probably buy a 2017 RMZ 450, but it sure would be sweet if it was restyled a bit, and lost some LB's. (Electric start, 220 lbs. 6 more horsepower, I'll buy 2) Oh Yeah!!!!

Yep, 110%. All new RMZ450 for 2017 :ride: .  They've put the Pig on a diet.

Are you being serious? 

Would be cool if they did a 2017 limited edition bike, but who do they choose out of RC4, JS7, KR94 or SE72 or BT101. Good times ahead

I think an RC edition again would be a huge hit! 10 year anniversary bike from the 2007 RC edition! May get a few of the old timers that are still lugging those old Zukes around to go splurge on a new bike.

Anyways... I don't have any ties to Suzuki but I would be hard pressed to believe that they will not go for a 100% new bike with this RMZ. They know they are falling behind. Not to mention they follow a 2 year odd year cycle. I mentioned this when someone started a thread asking if the 2016 RMZ would be all new. If it's not I will more than likely be on green or blue next year and in that order depending on which I can get the better deal on.

• Like 1

I spoke to a Suzuki guy under the Suzuki/Japan rig at Ernee MXDN and he confirmed that the new style front number plate ran by the Pro's will become standard issue in 2017, but that's all I know for certain.

I'd like to think Suzuki will be doing more than that for 2017, but it's a start! Teaser of a complete plastic redesign I'm thinking

Suzuki could come out with a new bike... And it wouldn't sell...

Unless they drop 15lbs, add e-start, up the durability, add more power, OS rotors, better suspension, and change the styling, the Suzuki will dye out slowly...

Suzuki needs drastic change, and soon...

Edited by Monk
  • Like 3

Did you miss the red bull straight rhythm all suzuki final and the monster energy cup winner monk? Think you will find we are still alive and kicking and not going anywhere anytime soon. I could almsot say suzuki would win a manafactures champs points race if they had one next year, indoors and out

Edited by Rotaholic
  • Like 4

Did you miss the red bull straight rhythm all suzuki final and the monster energy cup winner monk? Think you will find we are still alive and kicking and not going anywhere anytime soon. I could almsot say suzuki would win a manafactures champs points race if they had one next year, indoors and out

I watched RC dominate on a Suzuki, I watched CR win a title in a Suzuki, I watched RD win a title on a Suzuki etc etc... Sales over the years have still tanked...

Its not that the RMZ is a bad bike, it's just everything else is that much better...

• Like 1

I watched RC dominate on a Suzuki, I watched CR win a title in a Suzuki, I watched RD win a title on a Suzuki etc etc... Sales over the years have still tanked...

Its not that the RMZ is a bad bike, it's just everything else is that much better...

I agree with your previous post. They do need to do something fresh. And they are  :thumbsup: .

Suzuki have loads of cash. They won't be going anywhere any time soon  :naughty: .

I agree with your previous post. They do need to do something fresh. And they are :thumbsup: .

Suzuki have loads of cash. They won't be going anywhere any time soon :naughty: .

Like any business, Suzuki will have money but that doesn't mean the MX division has or want to spend money. I agree, I don't see them going anywhere but the lack of R&D makes you wonder? Roughly 7yrs on the same design with minor tweaks.

Looking at what Yamaha offers with suspension and reliability, combined with good power... Honda being light and possibly e-start in 2017...KTMs from the ground up retool coming in at 227lbs with e-start as well as a similar effort from Kawasaki in the weight department...Huskys infusion of KTM technology, these bikes are winning buyers, which Suzuki needs...

Suzuki really has to step it up to compete with what's offered. Being the best turning bikes isn't good enough.

• Like 1

Like any business, Suzuki will have money but that doesn't mean the MX division has or want to spend money. I agree, I don't see them going anywhere but the lack of R&D makes you wonder? Roughly 7yrs on the same design with minor tweaks.

Looking at what Yamaha offers with suspension and reliability, combined with good power... Honda being light and possibly e-start in 2017...KTMs from the ground up retool coming in at 227lbs with e-start as well as a similar effort from Kawasaki in the weight department...Huskys infusion of KTM technology, these bikes are winning buyers, which Suzuki needs...

Suzuki really has to step it up to compete with what's offered. Being the best turning bikes isn't good enough.

Kills me to say it. But, RD#5 was turning in under the RMZ's all season  :cry: . Don't think they can even make that claim anymore  :facepalm: .

But. Why do you think they're cashed up. The bike was so good It's remained competitive for 7yrs. Smart businessmen don't fix what Isn't broke  :lol: . R&D cost money. 

2017 can't come soon enough for me. It means they'll be a whole lot closer to releasing a new 250  :ride: .

My mate who works for Yammy knows I'm a 2T fan. He keeps hinting at an RM "re-release"  :devil: .

Edited by AddictedToBling

I 100% agree with Monk also, Ive been waiting since 2010 for a new RMZ, I have still owned 4 different years and all the parts move across which is awesome but it is time to come out with a complete make over. Im all for keeping the chassis the same, we are starting to see more and more bikes break in half. Bikes are getting lighter and people are pushing them harder. I would love to see a new swingarm which is lighter and better looking than some box section, lighten the bike by 10 pounds, oversize front rotor, grips that aren't glued on, lighter seat foam and a better fuel/ignition map. All new plastics kit and a built in hour meter. A hand held tuner would be awesome too.

Here in New Zealand and Australia Suzuki have huge market share, I would almost say the most popular brand out there in the 450s and you can go to any track and see a sea of Yellow, I know they are like big foot in the states and only a few sightings of them, half of them being retro yamis haha

• Like 1