Sign in to follow this  

Few questions on servicing my crf 450r

Hi guys been the 4th day being a loving new owner of a 2009 crf 450r but alass i haven't got a service manual and still waiting for one to come up, i have tryed to google for an online one but cant manage to find one on my iphone... And here in the uk they are £55 and coming from the usa so take a while to get here lol anyway i thought i would ask you guys your opinion.. I posted a few days ago about a leak coming from drain plug on the bottom of engine on the right/brake side and ive ordered a new washer and bolt, now i have 2 caps/plugs on each side of my engine.

My first question is which ones which? On the left/shifter side i have a cap that has a dipstick on and i can see the bottom(no oil so im thinking that will be the oil that has been leaking out) and then theres another one on the right/brake side with no dipstick... I have transmittion oil and 4 stroke oil and i would like to know which one is which to fill and how much i need to fill them...? After i drain both fully of course.

My second question is i am planning on draining radiator fluid and replacing that as i cant see exactly how much is in there(not filled to the top) i have about 600ml of poutaline coolant ready mixed and was wondering if that would be enough as i cant find the capacity?

Last question is how much 4 stroke and trans oil after i drain should i put in?

Sorry guys for some of the stupid questions but i feel like i gotta learn somehow thanks guys

Pm me ur email address and ill send u a pdf of the manual.

Left side is engine oil. Right side is trans oil. Both sides specify the same oil, 10w40 (depending on the climate). Dont run oil with moly in the trans. From memory it holds around 1l of coolant.

Edited by nzgsr
  • Like 1

Pm me ur email address and ill send u a pdf of the manual.

Left side is engine oil. Right side is trans oil. Both sides specify the same oil, 10w40 (depending on the climate). Dont run oil with moly in the trans. From memory it holds around 1l of coolant.

do you have access to a manual for an 07?