Sign in to follow this  

Need info on a classic Honda C115 Sport Cub 55

I went through a barn at my in-laws place and I came across a 1961 or 1962 Honda C115 Sports Club 55. It belonged to my mother in laws cousin who brought it over from Japan when he was stationed there in the military in the 60's. I bought it in the hopes of restoring it but before I go spending the money on it I want to know if it's worth it. It's never been registered in the U.S.. I've done Google searches on it but I get limited info on it. I would like to find someone who knows these bikes that I could talk to. From my Google searches it seems to be a rare bike, especially in the US. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

IMG_3.jpg

IMG_4.jpg

IMG_5.jpg

IMG_6.jpg

Wow, awesome barn find.  Yes it would be worth fixing up if for no other reason than because it would be highly unlikely that you would ever find another one.  Check out http://lilhonda.com/webboard/forum.php for more information and probably a few folks from Japan who have them as well.  

Seriously, I hope you hung on to it, if not drop me a line and I'd take it off your hands.