Sign in to follow this  

2016 KXF450 No more popping and pinging

Motocross Action Magazine loaned me the new KXF450 for testing, here are the results on a completely stock bike on pump gas. The R&D Genius throttle body vs the original butterfly type. The improvements are amazing. The dyno charts will show the HP increase and the Torque increase.

2016 KXF450 STOCK VS GENIUS THROTTLE BODY HP.jpg

2016 KXF450 STOCK VS GENIUS THROTTLE BODY TQR.jpg

Edited by RD Dean
  • Like 1

What is the management system?  vortex?  and what is a setup going to cost for a consumer to have installed and tuned proper?

the results look great. the low end burst of torque right off the bottom is what really impresses me!

The Genius Throttle body is tuned via the Vortex ECU. The throttle body is $1500 and the Vortex is an additional $550. The Genius throttle body kit is tuned initially for a completely stock bike, I have other map profiles for different pipe and cam configurations. I will always offer a free dyno tune for any of my customers that request it. Dean@R&D

I have 10hrs on mine. It has never popped on deceleration. Mine is still completely stock.

I've been riding in cold weather (just above freezing)

Am I just lucky or is the problem going to show up later.

If/when I go to an aftermarket pipe can I expect the problem to show up then?

I have 10hrs on mine. It has never popped on deceleration. Mine is still completely stock.

I've been riding in cold weather (just above freezing)

Am I just lucky or is the problem going to show up later.

If/when I go to an aftermarket pipe can I expect the problem to show up then?

Mine has about 8 hours on it, I've ridden it bone stock with the green and white couplers as well as both couplers with a FMF Ti system. All on pump gas and all between 50-60 degrees F with zero popping. From what I can see and according to comments Kawasaki apparently made to MXA during their bike test, some bikes do it and some bikes don't. Kawasaki techs were unable to tune it out for MXA but they said the black coupler helped.

I've heard a few 16's at the track popping under acceleration. Which usually means its rich

no offense, but for $2k I will live with the popping. Mine seems to be doing it less now at 5.2hrs than when it was new, but I also added a 4.1 slip on, and changed from T4 to 93 100% pump gas.