Sign in to follow this  

XR600 noise clutch basket

hi

my question is:

i have xr600 1984 and springs clutch basket are loose...

can fix them? i mean , can pull out and make longer? or must be replacement?

anyone know there will fit hinson clutch basket?

I heard, for honda xr400 is hinson basket spare part from other bike (cr450 etc.. i dont know)

when i shake it is like.. rattle.. :( the same on the movies..

i cant find answer for this problem...

and the last question about my basket is : (maybe stupid, but...)

what for there is some shit springs?! can i pull them off bluntly and dont put it back???

thx ...

picture is not my, from internet...

xr600 sprzeglo 1.jpg

Edited by tlenek12

the springs act like the cush drive on a rear wheel..they absorb the single cylinder power pulsations and try to smoothen out that pulsation to the trans gears and chain.......

A single cylinder 4 stroke engine has compression power pulses that can jackhammer transmission gears to death on the road.....

almost all the clutch baskets I`ve seem have loose springs to some degree and rarely hurts anything ,,and usually you cannot hear them as they are under some pressure while riding...

No you cannot remove them and leave them out..

B

ok, but they are really noise... like a rattle ... now i rebuild other 2009 enduro 250cc single cylinder engine

and this basket comparison to my xr600 its quiet and when i shake it i dont hear any rattle sounds...

even when engine is running, can hear knocks from clutch... :(

Unless you know someone who is a Honda expert and a generally very good engineer then you cannot replace or change those springs. I have had it done on an XR600 basket by a guy down here in NZ who is such a person..Normal people don't generally consider it . NZers are pretty DIY and do things others consider impossible.,Part of being in a place where we had to make do in the 70s-80s with excessive cost for bikes and parts.. :jawdrop:

Course I shouldn't have said "cannot",,You just need the right man with the knowledge,,thin on the ground they are..

ok, but they are really noise... like a rattle ... now i rebuild other 2009 enduro 250cc single cylinder engine

and this basket comparison to my xr600 its quiet and when i shake it i dont hear any rattle sounds...

even when engine is running, can hear knocks from clutch... :(

Maybe the rattle is something else, and not from clutch?

I found on web someone had same broblem on yamaha r1 and he just put washer on one side this spring and just weld it... Mayby make it sense...