Sign in to follow this  

Cleaning your aluminum engine

I heard there is a Boat wash that has a foaming action that cleans engine like new. What do you riders use to clean up at end of season over winter?

There is something called Salt Away for boats if you live near the coast that is okay to use on bikes. I made the mistake of leaving some salt on overnight cause I didn't have my airbox plug to use for washing it and now my frame has salt corrosion or deposits or whatever you want to call it on it. It doesn't look good and won't come off without some work so I'm gonna have to see what to do about that. Also my stock chain got totally trashed after that one ride.

Edited by Texas2Smoker

There is something called Salt Away for boats if you live near the coast that is okay to use on bikes. I made the mistake of leaving some salt on overnight cause I didn't have my airbox plug to use for washing it and now my frame has salt corrosion or deposits or whatever you want to call it on it. It doesn't look good and won't come off without some work so I'm gonna have to see what to do about that. Also my stock chain got totally trashed after that one ride.

wet sand it with like 1000 grit then buff it up. It will be good as new
  • Like 1