Sign in to follow this  

Harder throttle spring for two stroke

Hello, I just got my first two stroke and find the throttle to be a little sensitive. Has anyone ever put a stronger spring in the carb to add a little resistance? Would it hurt anything if I did? Thanks

No, installing a stiffer spring will not hurt it. You will find it become less easy to modulate.

A better thing to do is a device like the G2 Tamer. Effort actually becomes easier but total travel, longer, making it easier to control.

Wouldn't the power of the two stroke come on more suddenly once you got to the apex of the cam?

I'd stick with stock, and adjust your riding style, 2-strokes are like playing a solid bodied electric guitar, you gotta keep er singing on the bubble!

?? maybe old MOTOCROSS 2 strokes need to be kept singing, but modern OFFROAD ones can just put along at low low rpm's with ease.

Joe

• Like 4

Here's a cool analogy, 4-stroke throttle =steel string acoustic. Hard to play fast, but good sounding.acoustic-guitar.jpg 2-stroke, a nice electic solid bodied like picture that looks like mine, it sings and floats like a glider on the bubble....gibson-sg-standard-p-90-s.jpg  so keep your stock spring, you thank us later!

Joe, I dig all bikes, 4strokes, 2 strokes, its all gravy in the navy! btw, what does that "get help now" by your name mean? Is that a rating? Just curious.

You are labeled as get help now after like 5000 posts ( or 10-11 years on here?) one of the two...

Joe

• Like 1

?? maybe old MOTOCROSS 2 strokes need to be kept singing, but modern OFFROAD ones can just put along at low low rpm's with ease.

Joe

My 125 needs to revved to make power.

You are labeled as get help now after like 5000 posts ( or 10-11 years on here?) one of the two...

Joe

only 800 posts 5 years. :\

???  so here is a copy of my post ( #13):

"?? maybe old MOTOCROSS 2 strokes need to be kept singing, but modern OFFROAD ones can just put along at low low rpm's with ease."

I rest my case....you have a MOTOCROSS bike, and i was pointing out that NON MX offroad 2 strokes can generally be putted around.

Joe