Where to buy SPI Fork oil?

Was wanting to change oil in forks and replace seals an wipers and check bushings while inside. Thought I would use the 215.VM or whatever that SPI oil is called to go back in. It's on a 2015 yz250 2 stroke set up for MX.

I weigh 175lbs without gear and also have a 2011 yz450 that I will be servicing the forks on.

But for now just need the oil for the 250 and need to know if I need to get the spi4 oil. Also which number oil for the 450

One more thing! What other kind of good fork oil is out there that I could get?

Edited by CaptainKnobby

Was wanting to change oil in forks and replace seals an wipers and check bushings while inside. Thought I would use the 215.VM or whatever that SPI oil is called to go back in. It's on a 2015 yz250 2 stroke set up for MX.

I weigh 175lbs without gear and also have a 2011 yz450 that I will be servicing the forks on.

But for now just need the oil for the 250 and need to know if I need to get the spi4 oil. Also which number oil for the 450

The Honda 5W oil is very popular. Its what I use in my YZ250 forks.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1065/11715/Pro-Honda-HP-Fork-Oil

Just did a full fork rebuild with a pivot works kit on my 05 250R and used Maxima ForkFluid 85-150.

For my bike when I did both outer and the cartridge you need 2 litres

This may not be applicable for your bike but throwing out an option

Edited by filterx

Why wouldn't you use Kayaba oil? The Yamaha oil is Kayaba oil. It's some of the best you can get.

Also with the bushing and seals. Use oem on the bushings and skf seals or oem seals. I tend to stay away from pivot works.

I have all ways used the OEM seals/wipers and never had any issues of leaking.  Also with the slides I have all ways stayed with OEM.     Just trying to figure out which brand of Fork Oil to use and weight.

I have just about decided to go with KAYABA oil for the Outer Tube and the Cartridge.   What would your input be on this.

I've tried about every oil there is including SPI. I now use Amsoil exclusively. For several reasons. Easiest to buy locally, works as good as any of them, and fairly priced compared to all of them.

I just ordered some Maxima 85-150 in 5W.

Would 345 or 350ml be ok for the outer tubes? Reason asking is right now the forks seem a little spongy an not too stiff. May be from the oil worn out since it does have about 32 hours on it.

I have some new seals,wipers,bushings an slides coming that I ordered so I service them.

My weight is 175lbs an I just race MX.

1448413565483.jpg

I just ordered some Maxima 85-150 in 5W.

Would 345 or 350ml be ok for the outer tubes? Reason asking is right now the forks seem a little spongy an not too stiff. May be from the oil worn out since it does have about 32 hours on it.

I have some new seals,wipers,bushings an slides coming that I ordered so I service them.

My weight is 175lbs an I just race MX.

I would start at 345 and see where your at.  If you have bottoming issues add 10cc and go from there.