Sign in to follow this  

Frankenstein Pig...Perhaps?

I came across a 1993 xr250r that is "licensed" for the road for $1000 in decent shape. This little piglet weighs 238 lbs dry. Now i am wondering if my 650l engine was shoved in its frame with the 14/51 gearing and xr's only full exhaust etc, what the outcome would be.

...I am just wondering how much weight this transplant would add to the 250r? The antigravity battery i am running weighs under a pound. So i am guessing the electric start gear, bigger engine might add an extra 25 lbs??? This would still weigh in at 263 lbs dry...which is 29 lbs lighter then my current pig. Would this project be a waste of time, or would it be a little beast when complete?

Or...... start by buying it and riding it. It should have an oil cooler and six speed, right? Its light, nimble and easy to let friends ride, right? The guy is asking $1000 so he means $750, right??? Sometimes a shop bike is more fun than your "real bikes", I say buy itand figure out what you want to do with it later. A deal is a deal. Period.

Main question is will the motor fit into the frame. I looked at doing a similar thing with the RFVC XR250 frame but the 600 engines are just too tall to make it a go..You don't really want to be hacking into top parts of the oil chamber area. Generally if you want to throw XR600 engines into other frames then go for Husky frames..taller..

By RFVC XR250,,I mean the pre 88 models..Who knows,,a 93 may be different..

A couple of years ago there was a guy out in the woods who had a xr600r engine in a xr250 r frame. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time.