Sign in to follow this  

Big bore questions

Hi all, I have read and reread forums and internet about this. I would like to get some part numbers that work for big bore kit. I do most of my riding single track thru forest and want more bottom end torque. I have uncorked , jetted , resprockeded, and have fox rear shock and emulators in front. I DO NOT  want to run race fuel, but do not mind premium. I ride at sea level to 1000 ft.

What is the comp' ratio of the  bbr 240 kit? ... Will the Wisco  11:1 piston give me detonation? ... The Web cam 340/ 402 is listed  for crf150 ? does it fit in the 230.? I do not mind to bore cylinder but do not want to machine the case, the searches I have done shows the Wisco piston is only available in std' bore size?  I guess I want bigger  bore, 10:1 comp' ratio and better cam ?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated along with part numbers. Thanks in advance Eric.

Call Wiseco as they have some 66.5 and possibly new 67mm. Yes cam fits 230, Pro-com CDI box is cheap and helps from idle to 4500 rpm. There is a Wiseco/Web/pro-com  topic on this forum. Good one to peek at and see if this suits you

Edited by teamrude