Sign in to follow this  

Slavens s3 mule head

I just ordered the head for my 300 and I was wondering if it hurts the reliability at all? Should I expect to.do rebuilds sooner than normal?

Just the small compression increase isn't gonna hurt anything, but if it leads to more detonation it could ?

the 2015 and 16 XCW 300 has LOW comp. 150psi. With the s3 head its over 190psi. it was a huge power gain. had to upsize to 38,s and raise needle due to the stronger intake signal.. The torque curve was altered as well , Has much more low/mid grunt with the pipe hit smoothed out for more usable power.

I read they helped with the (almost inherent) detonation problem...

I been wondering about these,,, as it seems slavens is only for newer engines than mine...

http://www.2strokeheads.com/KTMPERFORMANCE.htm

No experience with the 250/300 head but know his (Kelsey M) other stuff  works well once tuned.

With heads he usually has you measure your deck height before ordering to more accurately get your squish right.

I just ordered the head for my 300 and I was wondering if it hurts the reliability at all? Should I expect to.do rebuilds sooner than normal?

Well.....I put one on my 13 Beta 300 with the 0 - 6K insert installed. I should also say that I'm running a Lectron carb, and it runs awesome.....Went to Idaho, was too lazy to put in the high altitude insert (6K plus) and it ran perfectly up to 11K....(but that was probably the Lectron)....Bottom line is that the S3 is a very decent head. 

Edited by dyrtmon