Sign in to follow this  

2015 CRF450 convert forks to YZF

Can anyone provide insight on mounting 2012 and up yz250F forks on a 2015 CRF450 ?  Parts are not an issue, just interested in opinions on the geometry and lug off set.  If the triple clamp, is changed and yzf parts are used from the triple clamp down, what's the thoughts on it working without upsetting the bikes handling.   

Please Hold the "Honda" sucks, just buy a "whole" yamaha.. LOL.. at least until I figure out if this is doable. 

• Like 1

Call corey at Protune suspension in ohio..... he does a lot of sss conversions in your stock fork legs.... if its possible he will know how and do a great job.

Research the lengths on the yamaha forks and compre them to the crf forks. I believe the yz250f had shorter forks than the yz250 and yz450f

I just have to ask why would you take off the Kayaba sss forks to put on Showa's you have me puzzled ? I have used both forks and feel the the Kayaba's are night and day better to me. 

I just have to ask why would you take off the Kayaba sss forks to put on Showa's you have me puzzled ? I have used both forks and feel the the Kayaba's are night and day better to me. 

It looks like he's wanting to go the opposite way. 2015 Showa to 2012 Kayaba SSS.