Sign in to follow this  

Finding neutral 2015 rmz 450

I just bought a new leftover 2015 RM-Z 450, i have only taken it for a ride on backyard for 10mins. This is my first dirt bike so i am not familiar with these bikes but have ridden bikes for many years.

However I noticed two things that made me confused. 1. I cant kick start bike when in gear, even if i hold clutch. But as soon I am in neutral it starts on first kick, is this a normal behaviour? 2. It`s hard to find neutral I have to shift 5 times between 1st and 2nd gear before i can hit it in neutral, none of my other bikes have been this hard to find neutral. Could it be solved with some easy adjustment or should i get it back to dealer?

Most the time for me it takes extra kicking when its in gear . Finding neutral when I want to can be annoying at times  but never seem to have a problem finding it when I dont want to LOL .

You can adjust the  shift lever higher or lower might help . 

Edited by xxcody2gunsxx

Mine wont start with the clutch in either 2013 RMZ 450. Clutch drags alot. Also cant push the bike in gear with clutch in when not running. No slippage when riding the thing rips.

Mark

I have the 2015 450 as well, it is difficult to start in gear no problem in neutral. I also have the same problem finding neutral occasionally.

Neutral is a piece of cake to find by hand, with a boot on... not so easy!

A difficult neutral is in some ways a blessing in disguise, nothing worse that hitting neutral on the track

If you need to find neutral do it when the bike isn't running, always find it from 1st up to 2nd, neutral is only a half shift so be gentle with your feet. With the stock shifter people actually hit the arm of the shifter and not the tip, if you can see wear marks of this, swap the stock shifter for a hammerhead or torc etc

I have a tough time finding neutral on my 2015 450. I tried a new shift lever and several adjustments and different oil but no deal.

I am just getting used it to it.

It will become slightly easier with time as well. If you have the money, look into the ISF treatment as well. Shifting becomes butter! 

ISF treatment. what is it?