Muffler

So you're calling me an idiot because I want my bike a little louder? I think it's personal preference.

HIm calling you a idiot might be harsh, but I do see where he is coming from with the comment.  We don't know where in CT you live, maybe you live in the mountains on 100 acres and it doesn't matter, but for people like me who live in a big city and have to drive 2 hours to ride then yes noise matters A LOT.  And to all the tracks that were forced to close because of noise complaints, it matters A LOT.  So GENERALLY speaking the sport doesn't need louder machines because that is the #1 complaint from people that don't ride or give a shit about the sport.

I have a FMF setup and I don't think it is very loud.  It's the 4.1 RCT full system....

• Like 1

So you're calling me an idiot because I want my bike a little louder? I think it's personal preference.

Only partially true. Everyone around you has to listen to it too. Loud pipes close riding areas. Chances are, your bike, even if it had a quieter than stock muffler, is way more bike than you'll ever be able to fully use.

Imagine being at a nice restaurant. Nice date with you. Quiet talk, enjoying each other. Then BAM!!! Guy at the next table insists on screaming because he likes to hear himself yell. Your girl is upset, she wants to leave. That is OK with you?

• Like 2

Noise is just that..... noise.

I'm all in for a nice sounding pipe, that is properly packed and makes great sound, but to the guys who think they will do a better job at making more horsepower by drilling out their pipe or whatever...? I think there is nothing that sounds better than a crisp two stroke, but when the packing is all blown out, or completely gone, they sound like total garbage!

I have also heard the FMF is louder than stock, but keep it packed, and be respectful to the rest of the world that is forced to hear it too..

So what do you think louder is going to do , make your bike faster ??  How old are you any way , teens. Try something like more set time. Suspension setup will make you faster than most anything , if it dose not handle very good ,you will not be fast. say`en.

So what do you think louder is going to do , make your bike faster ?? How old are you any way , teens. Try something like more set time. Suspension setup will make you faster than most anything , if it dose not handle very good ,you will not be fast. say`en.

I just wanted something with a little more sound. I'm 38 years old and I set my suspension up already. Bike handles great

Sorry some of us were a bit harsh when replying to the "louder" part of your inquiry.  Noise is a sensitive issue. A lot of us have seen public riding areas and private tracks close becuase of excessive noise.  I grew up riding in the 70's and just about everyone in the neighborhood had someone that rode in their family.  MX tracks and riding areas were abundant. The noise was tolerated, to some degree, becuase a lot of people had a connection to the sport.  That is not the case now.  Bikes are exspensive and fewer people are getting into this "extreme" sport.  So I try to be a good neighbor and keep the sound down and that's all we can ask. Thanks.