Sign in to follow this  

"Eddie Mod" Question

Followed the instructions in this thread....  http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/793050-how-to-eddies-mod-pics/ 

OK, so I wired the arms and ground the rivet, but I'm not understanding the part about spreading the arms apart. The AP shaft quits moving before the throttle is opening all the way, is the intent to not have this happen? Seems llike you should spread the arms before wiring, otherwise you're working against the wire, right?

Edited by Beekss

OK, so I wired the arms and ground the rivet, but I'm not understanding the part about spreading the arms apart. The AP shaft quits moving before the throttle is opening all the way, is the intent to not have this happen? Seems llike you should spread the arms before wiring, otherwise you're working against the wire, right?

First of all I have to say I am not a fan of this mod.  Yes in order to get full throttle you have to modify the AP stroke.  That includes grinding the rivet and what ever it takes with bending the actuating tab.  You do want the AP to move with initial throttle movement and to allow the throttle to open all the way.  Why you would want the AP mechanically connected to throttle movement escapes me.  The MX version with a AP leak jet is a better solution to AP tuning.

• Like 1