Sign in to follow this  

power valve

OK so I'm fairly new to all this, I'm trying to get to my power valves on a 2004 cr250r I've been looking this up all week and can't find anything on how to get to them and clean up, can someone help

Yes I understand the rc valve part but the guy I purchased the bike from said the power valves need to be cleaned and I haven't been finding much on how to get to it and clean them, I'm seeing stuff about having to take the top end off and get to it like that is this true

Yes I understand the rc valve but I'm trying to clean the power valves and from what I'm seeing I have to pretty much take off my top end is this true

The only way to get at the power valve is through the cylinder on that model. If you haven't done a top end you might as well order up the parts. If I recall the manual that comes with the bike stated that you don't need to remove the cylinder but that isn't the case.

• Like 1

Yea, I was afraid of that. From the things I was seeing it seemed like that would be the case and was hoping not but thanks

Yea, I was afraid of that. From the things I was seeing it seemed like that would be the case and was hoping not but thanks

If the bike runs well just remove the RC cover and start the bike. Once it's warmed up crack the throttle a few times and make sure the cable arm moves up & down. If it does leave it until you do the top end.
  • Like 1

Yes it runs well, just when I bought it I finally took off the silencer and everything and there was carbon all built up like no one had cleaned it ever so I started to dig more into it and notice the exhaust had carbon and the exhaust port as well and the guy told me I needed to clean the power valves