Sign in to follow this  

Top of Uwharrie National Forest in NC

Me and my best buddy sgorenflo at the top of Uwharrie national Forest.  We take these bikes anywhere and they go anywhere you point them within reason.

Scott is the guy with the 2003 XR250 with full Bruce Triplett suspension including famous "Terrain Tamer" forks.  He and I had a matching set of 1984 Al Baker XRs Only XR265Rs.  Later he went on to race a 1991 XR600 with Rob Muzzy exhaust, opened airbox, and appropriate jetting.  We both quit riding back in 1997 when I left NY for NC.

After riding that XR600 for so many years Scott says the XR250 feels and rides like a toy.  The bigger size (compared to the XR200/CRF230) is no problem for him.  He is very impressed by our CRF230s and that says a lot given his decades of riding and racing experience.

• Like 1

Me and my best buddy sgorenflo at the top of Uwharrie national Forest. We take these bikes anywhere and they go anywhere you point them within reason.

Scott is the guy with the 2003 XR250 with full Bruce Triplett suspension including famous "Terrain Tamer" forks. He and I had a matching set of 1984 Al Baker XRs Only XR265Rs. Later he went on to race a 1991 XR600 with Rob Muzzy exhaust, opened airbox, and appropriate jetting. We both quit riding back in 1997 when I left NY for NC.

After riding that XR600 for so many years Scott says the XR250 feels and rides like a toy. The bigger size (compared to the XR200/CRF230) is no problem for him. He is very impressed by our CRF230s and that says a lot given his decades of riding and racing experience.

Nice! When you really think about it, there isn't many choices out there, when you want bullet proofing, a decent balance of power, and handling. XR250 and the 230F are the best! Edited by The Plvis