Sign in to follow this  

Double jumps

Clear that double jump yet? Mabe the thumper talkers have a tale to tell you? My first one was at that first mx park on the mighty cr-500 air-hammer. Right through a corner I nailed that scoot wide open then pow, I cleared the whole jump and some! chime in if you have an interesting tale!  cr-500-r_1985_2.jpgwallpaper_20090503095226_9820496582.jpg

This is still a mayor fear of mine with my 450. I will often ride a new track with the 250 first

• Like 1

All about confidence and being familiar with your bike! I struggled with the 450 when I first got it, never had any trouble on my smoker. The engine braking on the 450 messed with my head. It's a breeze now. 

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

I find that it's all in my head and it seem to be the same for lots of people I talk to, I will clear table tops all day but I know that for the same jump if you dig the center to make it a double it will scare the shit out of me. My biggest fear is to be too short but then I know that over jumping it will be as bad

• Like 1

I've been riding of road for 20 years and finally got to ride a legit motocross track last weekend. I rolled them all at first and after about an hour I was hitting all 4 doubles. All was good until I hit one not squared up and still on the gas. I thought I saved it but still had the wobbles when I hit the next single. With all the pain it brought I'm sure next time I go it's going to be another mind game

Edited by Yamahace
  • Like 1

When a cowboy falls off his steed, he stands up and dusts off his wranglers, then gets back on and rides, Good stories keep up the good work! Don't quit! Stand on those pegs, blip the throttle when the front wheel drops, tap the break when the wheel comes up, you can do it!