Sign in to follow this  

Pipe on radiator hose 1994 kx125

Well this is a doosieImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448158652.588414.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448158685.133563.jpg

Pretty sure this is a pipe previous owner stuck on and now stuck it to me. My bad. Any ideas of a way to work with this? Seems like contact from a heat source wouldn't be healthy for my bike. I am having a fun time bringing this bike back from the dead and money is minimal. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Mahalo

I wonder if the pipe was bent from a crash and it didn't always touch? 

Also check to make sure in not the radiator that is tweaked.  You can find some pretty cheap used pipes on eBay.

Thanks DylDog, I'll check radiator. Would it be a bad idea to heat up the pipe and hammer on it a little to allow more of a gap between it and the other parts ?

You'd risk denting the pipe or worse. I wouldn't be shocked if the hose handled the heat fine either. But I can understand not wanting to risk anything

• Like 1

Well this is a doosie📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448158652.588414.jpg📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448158685.133563.jpg

Pretty sure this is a pipe previous owner stuck on and now stuck it to me. My bad. Any ideas of a way to work with this? Seems like contact from a heat source wouldn't be healthy for my bike. I am having a fun time bringing this bike back from the dead and money is minimal. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Mahalo

slit a piece of radiator hose, and wrap your radiator hose with it. zip tie in place if need be. check it in six months and see if it cared ;-) 

• Like 1

Two stroke heat ain't so much to a radiator hose compared to four stroke searing heat.

agree, as big as the expansion chambers are they get a ton of air passing over them cooling them down.

looking at the first picture i am not sure you could squeeze another piece in there without putting strain on the rad.

slit a piece of radiator hose, and wrap your radiator hose with it. zip tie in place if need be. check it in six months and see if it cared ;-)

absolutely!! If its too crowded....just put alittle relief dent. Not too much, just abit to aloow extra room. I know denting a pipe on purpose isnt ideal....but niether is current situation. Good luck Edited by argclh6670

Yup, I heated up pipe and dented pipe for clearance. A lot of little taps did the job and parts are about an 1/8" away. Thanks argclh6670 and Excitable

• Like 1