Sign in to follow this  

Swingarm won't go in

2003 klx400, my swingarm refuses to fit. I've loosened all the engine mounts, Pushed on the engine to give me more room; I can get one side in but the other side, the flat washer keeps popping out? If I just put the waster and spacer in without the swingarm, they fit but it us really tight. With the swingarm, I can't position the engine in any way to keep from popping out the flat washer. Grease hasn't helped much. Do I need to take the engine out to get everything to fit?

Edited by Ddizzy124

It came apart so it has to go back together.  Why is it apart?  What parts did you change? What brand parts did you use?

Other than fight it in I have no suggestions.  I was going to say loosen up the motor mounts but you already did that.  Perhaps there is some way to improvise a frame spreader.  Are you sure every thing is assembled in the swing arm correctly?

put a putty knife agaist the frame, then slide the swingarm in. helps if you have a buddy to hold the putty knife.

I have to use a small jack to get the swingarm in. Otherwise it´s close to impossible...