Sign in to follow this  

Which aftermarket exhaust?

I'm wondering which exhaust pipe everyone likes the most.?

I'm looking at changing mine. I just bought my 2003 YZ 250 this summer & I love the bike (i've rode CR's for 30 years) but I question the pipe because it has a Noleen pipe on it with a PC silencer. After a lot of tuning, the bike is jetted right but i'm just wondering what everyone else likes. Pro Circuit says their pipe improves low to mid and FMF says their pipe improves everywhere, so what does everyone think? I've even thought about finding a stock pipe just to see how it does..

If you look through the photos of YZ's you will prob find FMF is the most common. Fatty probably. I've tried a couple PC's and the fatty and the gnarly. I have about 5 diff pipes in the garage atm. I like the fatty the best.

• Like 1

I've run the Platinum /304 on my 250 when it was a 250 then put an FMF shorty on and liked that combo much better. Since going to a 295 I tried an FMF Fatty/ Shorty and Platinum/Shorty. The Fatty is better right off Idle and contrary to what everyone experiences I feel like it has more top end than the Platinum. The Platinum is a monster in the mid range. With the Platinum I'd come out of a corner and have to check up on the jump face and blip the throttle off the face to keep the bike level. With the Fatty I'm on the throttle all the way up the face and off the jump. The stock pipe is by far my least favorite. I have tried all these pipes with an insane amount of jetting and timing changes and have come to the conclusion that for smooth tractable power the Fatt/Shorty is the way to go. For wicked hard hitting 2 stroke fun the Platinum is where its at. In the woods I'd give the Fatty the advantage for moto the Platinum.

• Like 1