Sign in to follow this  

Product Review: DRZ Parabellum Rally Shield

I've been running the DIY trashcan windscreen for some time now and while it has served it's purpose, it's has some annoying buffeting and leaves much to be desired in the looks department (it is just a plastic trashcan after all lol). I've had Parabellum products on several of my other bikes and have always been impressed with their quality and customer service. Once the Rally Shield came out, I decided to give it a go. I went with the tinted version because it matches my bike and I didn't figure it'd be tall enough where I would be looking through it that much. Installation was straight forward. Cut out the paper template and mark your holes. Drill the four holes and mount it up with the supplied hardware. Looks way better! Only comes in one height (atleast per their website, though custom heights may be an option, idk?), but for me at 6'0" the wind is just below my helmet. At 50mph this leaves my head in smooth air and keeps the rest of the air off my chest. The way it's mounted keeps the screen up and out of the way when standing up, doing wheelies or over the bars in tight single track =). I'll report back after i've crashed with it, tho i think it'll hold up well ;) Since this thread would be useless without pictures here you go....

20151119_152338_zps8zxdtegy.jpg

20151119_152354_zpssrn1jkgv.jpg

20151119_152421_zpslbpnpiqn.jpg
20151119_152454_zpsbrhjssjf.jpg
20151119_152527_zpsgtvrlzjd.jpg
Also remembered I bought one of their headlight covers a while back too. I lost two headlights before this from getting roosted and being pelted with gravel. This is a definite must have as it turns out people want like $80 for a stock headlight!!!
20151119_152433_zpsw9nmitg9.jpg

• Like 7

Nice, if i were going to put a windshield on, that would be it. It integrates much nicer than most I've seen. 

On 11/22/2015 at 3:42 AM, TheMilkMan819 said:

I've been running the DIY trashcan windscreen for some time now and while it has served it's purpose, it's has some annoying buffeting and leaves much to be desired in the looks department (it is just a plastic trashcan after all lol). I've had Parabellum products on several of my other bikes and have always been impressed with their quality and customer service. Once the Rally Shield came out, I decided to give it a go. I went with the tinted version because it matches my bike and I didn't figure it'd be tall enough where I would be looking through it that much. Installation was straight forward. Cut out the paper template and mark your holes. Drill the four holes and mount it up with the supplied hardware. Looks way better! Only comes in one height (atleast per their website, though custom heights may be an option, idk?), but for me at 6'0" the wind is just below my helmet. At 50mph this leaves my head in smooth air and keeps the rest of the air off my chest. The way it's mounted keeps the screen up and out of the way when standing up, doing wheelies or over the bars in tight single track =). I'll report back after i've crashed with it, tho i think it'll hold up well ;) Since this thread would be useless without pictures here you go....

Also remembered I bought one of their headlight covers a while back too. I lost two headlights before this from getting roosted and being pelted with gravel. This is a definite must have as it turns out people want like $80 for a stock headlight!!!

It's been some time since your original review, just wanted to see what you still thought of the windscreen now that you've had it for quite a while. Thanks!

I have had that same windscrean on for a year and love it for everything but tight hilly single track. Didn't realise how much i liked it till i took it off for a while, that wind blast on your chest really gets annoying.
20160910_124712_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucket list said:

I have had that same windscrean on for a year and love it for everything but tight hilly single track. Didn't realise how much i liked it till i took it off for a while, that wind blast on your chest really gets annoying.
20160910_124712_HDR.jpg

Nice, good to hear. I've been seriously considering getting one for normal riding. How hard ia it to take off and put back on?

25 minutes ago, Blue03si said:

Nice, good to hear. I've been seriously considering getting one for normal riding. How hard ia it to take off and put back on?

About 5-10min. With a screw driver and 8mm wrench.