Sign in to follow this  

2016 350 SXF Cone valves and 51 tooth rear

Installed cone valve forks, and a 51 tooth rear sprocket (same 116 links on chain as stock 50 tooth). The bike was amazing before these 2 changes, except for the pain my body would experience after every ride from the worlds worst 4CS forks, I don't care what anybody says there's no way in the world they could've been fixed, to the point I want them. Well now what I've got here is a dream bike with the amazing motor and suspension felt so compliant!!!! Bike actually felt like it cornered better. So easy to get into the upper rpm range w the extra tooth which seems to be where this baby likes to be ridden can't wait to ride it again!!!! Also installed a WPS battery w more cranking amps. This baby starts up instantly now!!!!!

Edited by sparrino

Glad to hear you're enjoying the bike. Over here in Europe we're on the AER 48 forks (air) so they're as good a fork as WP have produced. I've had my revalved front and rear and it's like a completely different bike now. I looked at the cone valve forks but just couldn't justify the cost. I'm also about to go up one tooth on the rear. Would you say that it's good at 51 or could I step up to a 52?

Cone valve forks are amazing!!!! It's So sad that I had to spend all this money on top of the most expensive bike I ever bought but I have to say I feel it's worth it because I love the 350 motor and the electric start. The 51 tooth sprocket is spot on. I also installed an FMF full system which supposedly saved 3 pounds but not much more power, maybe just a little in the midrange. Makes removal of pipe a lot easier because I no longer have to remove the shock and linkage to get it off as it comes in 3 pieces.

I have the husky 350 same thing basically lol so going up 1 tooth is big plus? haven't heard about trying that but like your saying they defiantly like to be rode in the rpms. I agree my 4cs are very frustrating I want to go the cone valve route but price is holding me back also considering Ohlins as alternative. I got a Europe exhaust on my bike but brought more mid power like the fmf.