Sign in to follow this  

Gas stain

Spilled some gasoline on the seat of my Yamaha TTR 125 and now there's a stain. Tride Windex and it seemed to have worked, but then it dried and the gas stain was still there. Any suggestions on how to get this stain out?

I've spilled gas on my plastic tank and vinyl (?) seat cover. I usually wipe it off with a rag and it might leave a slight whitish stain but when I use Super Clean before washing it gets rid of it. Then Maxima SC1 to making all you plastic, rubber, vinyl look brand new.

• Like 1

Or remove the seat and wipe the whole damn thing with the same fuel then address your problem with some black shoe dye.

I'd scrub the seat down with some dish soap the cuts grease like Dawn. You need to break down the petroleum residue. Let the cover thoroughly dry, then rub in some vinyl protectant. You might have to reapply the protectant a second time. Not saying that this WILL work, but that's how'd I'd do it.

• Like 1

GOOD LUCK.. I had the same problem a while back, I was so frustrated I bought a new bike.

GOOD LUCK.. I had the same problem a while back, I was so frustrated I bought a new bike.

Hahahahahahaa. This is the answer. ^^^

• Like 1