Sign in to follow this  

86 xl/xr250r stator upgrade

anyone have feedback on like the rickys 150w upgraded stator or the other 200w upgrades stator ?

also does anyone know for sure what the stock stator puts out 

deletes this please, first time i posted i got that stupid add block notice and didnt relize it did post the thread 

anyone have feedback on like the rickys 150w upgraded stator or the other 200w upgrades stator ?

also does anyone know for sure what the stock stator puts out 

Unsure about this thread, but the stock stator on the 250 puts out about 70w as far as Ian tell. That is enough for a complete street system as long as all the bulbs are LEDs. but if you want more, get the Ricky stator. Do0n't buy the chicom ones off ebay or amazon. The last thing you want is to have to buy one and have it fail, ricky ststor will not do that.

Unsure about this thread, but the stock stator on the 250 puts out about 70w as far as Ian tell. That is enough for a complete street system as long as all the bulbs are LEDs. but if you want more, get the Ricky stator. Do0n't buy the chicom ones off ebay or amazon. The last thing you want is to have to buy one and have it fail, ricky ststor will not do that.

thanks i need the upgraded stator since im adding an electric fuel pump and other things 

70w @ 12v is 5.83 amps , my fuel pump alone will pull 2.5-3 amps when the turbo is spooled up and fuel pressure needs to be at around 20 psi but just crusing around with fuel presure at 2 psi the draw should only be about .5-1 amp 

so the stock stator may be enough specially with the battery but i think im going to upgrade it anyways specially since i am going to be plating the bike and need to put the lights and blinkers back on it 

150w stator will give me 12.5 amps 

Edited by project89

Is the turbo a kit for the XR or is it something you are building from scratch?

Is the turbo a kit for the XR or is it something you are building from scratch?

building from scratch , ive built my own kits for alot of cars, and trucks this is my first small engine kit though 

my flange kit arrived i managed to build the hotside on monday and then i came down with some sort of cold that really wipped me out for 2 days.

regulator is here and fuel pump will be here on monday , hopping to finish up the turbo stuff today and get the engine out for its rebuild , though im half tempted to leave it so i can take it out for a ride with the turbo on it first, chances are the clutch wont hold up as is though since i smoked it over the summer already and ive just been babying it for the time being  

edit crap wrong thread 

Edited by project89