Sign in to follow this  

Finally finished my complete rewire...

I use the word finish lightly, because with me, nothing is ever finished. I tend to change to different things that are better or more effecient when they become available. Like already I am going to an old school 7in round headlight with an H4 LED bulb that is 1500 lumens on low (a regular H4 halogen is only 400 on lot) and 3000 lumens on high (regular halogen is 700). Plus the LED only draws an amp on high where the halogen draws almost 7.

So far I have LEDs everywhere but the headlight. I have a set of ADV Monster LED driving lights (3000l each) and a super bright LED tail lamp. The lamp was expensive but worth it. I modded the stock taillight to work for stop and tail and stuck the LED lamp in there, backed it with aluminum foil since stock is tan plastic. Works killer.

Now with my power draw, I don't need a high power stator. My 7ah battery has never gone dead even with the 50w halogen headlight, and when I go to the LED it'll not only be way brighter, there will be at least 5a less draw.

XR at work.jpg

XR healdight.jpg

dash.jpg

Edited by KevinsXR
  • Like 1

Looks good! I do the same thing with wiring. Usually I'm just trying to clean up the rats nest wad of wires I made when 1st hooking something up. LOL!