Sign in to follow this  

KTM 300 WP CC vs WP 4CS?

I'm saving up for a new KTM 300 when they release the new ones and I don't know which suspension is better. The 6 day's come with 4CS forks while the normal EXCs come with CC forks. This is probably the decision maker for me. Which suspension do you guys prefer?

New 2017 KTMs will come with airforks...

is that a good thing? No more open chamber?

If that's true, my 2011 I'll be eventually selling will come with a shiny new set of air forks  :bonk:

To the OP, I like OC forks.  Set up right they can do anything.  In fact, one of the 4cs fixes that has started gaining a lot of ground has been converting them to OC forks.  Food for thought...

• Like 2

You talking 2016?  

For 2015, I thought the XC and 6-days came with 4CS and the XC-W came with Open Chamber (OC) forks.

If there was anyway to avoid a 4CS fork I would highly recommend it.  I've spent way too much time & money and had some scary races due to this very bad design fork.

There are a few places that have now figured them out, the high end fixes are in the $1200 range, but supposedly there are really good fixes in the $350-$400 range now too.

But lets say you really really wanted a 300 XC, which comes with the 4CS.  Just figure in a $400 (+shipping) revalve to get it working good.  

• Like 2

400 bucks to fix the 4CS is being conservative IMHO.  It may likely go well above to get them right for you.  AMHIK   

God help us if KTM goes to air forks for the Enduro line.  I read KTM is using the 4CS for now because they are cheaper to produce than CC forks so the 4CS forks may just be the bridge to air forks???

• Like 1

400 bucks to fix the 4CS is being conservative IMHO.  It may likely go well above to get them right for you.  AMHIK   

God help us if KTM goes to air forks for the Enduro line.  I read KTM is using the 4CS for now because they are cheaper to produce than CC forks so the 4CS forks may just be the bridge to air forks???

God help us is right.  Forks have never been a ktm strong point and I dont expect air will be any better.  I do think they have FINALLY figured out their OC stuff and I like them a LOT on my 12 200 and 14 450.  A local well thought of tuner says the KTM OC stuff can be made to handle a wide range of terrains that other OC stuff can not.  He's probably right but my stock stuff is so good I'm afraid to change anything but springs.

New 2017 KTMs will come with airforks...

Eh I have some inside info that says the will not, in fact KTM is working on another CC fork like previous stuff

I can see mx guys using air forks but off road guys? No.  Lots of off road guys toss their air forks and get conventions stuff on ebay.

haha.. my 4cs forks are hands down the best forks I have ever rode. Total cost I have into them is under 100$.

Only took a bit of time to research them instead of throwing money at bs tuners (some tuners are great, others are not). 

Also, KTM/WP did NOT invest in RD to produce the 4cs to save costs over manufacturing a CC fork which they already had in production. No information in this thread is correct other then the comments about OC forks can work well when set up.

No one other then KTM knows what forks are coming on the 17's. 

• Like 1

haha.. my 4cs forks are hands down the best forks I have ever rode. Total cost I have into them is under 100$.

Only took a bit of time to research them instead of throwing money at bs tuners (some tuners are great, others are not). 

Also, KTM/WP did NOT invest in RD to produce the 4cs to save costs over manufacturing a CC fork which they already had in production. No information in this thread is correct other then the comments about OC forks can work well when set up.

Seriously??/How the hell do YOU know more than everyone else that have commented? Only you know all of this and everyone else is whrong eh?

Joe

• Like 1

Seriously??/How the hell do YOU know more than everyone else that have commented? Only you know all of this and everyone else is whrong eh?

Joe

Well Joe, 

prove me wrong.  :moon:

Many reports of the WP airforks coming on 2017 KTMs. They already have them in Europe...

Well Joe, 

prove me wrong.  :moon:

Many reports of the WP airforks coming on 2017 KTMs. They already have them in Europe...

Well....there is ONE so far.

Joe

Well....there is ONE so far.

Joe

spec·u·la·tion

ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. 1
    the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

You mean like this ridiculous statement, right?  :facepalm:

Joe