Sign in to follow this  

92 cr250 won't start after good ride ?

Went riding with my buddy who has a 92 Honda cr250 2 stroke was a great ride both bike ran great went through some puddles nothing to crazy had to walk bikes through a certain part but now his bike will start but then shut right off any ideas

Went riding with my buddy who has a 92 Honda cr250 2 stroke was a great ride both bike ran great went through some puddles nothing to crazy had to walk bikes through a certain part but now his bike will start but then shut right off any ideas

flooded? fouled plug?

could be any number of things.  Check the carb, check the electrical (could of got wet?), clean the air filter, check the compression etc...

start with the basics a bike needs to run..first is spark..make sure its getting good spark.

then move to the fuel system, make sure the carb is clean and the fuel is getting to the carb and then to the cylinder.

if it still wont run properly check the electrical system, make sure the grounds are all tight and clean, make sure the kill switch is still good.

did the bike start acting up just after the puddles? or later on?