Sign in to follow this  

Fork clickers are off

While changing my fork clickers today i noticed that they do not each have the same amount of clicks?? I dont remember the exact numbers, it was something like 20 clicks on left fork and 25 on right? The clicker screw on the right fork also fully seats alot deeper into the fork. This worries me because i am not sure how to set the forks up to have the same amount of adjustment. Im not sure of this is correct, but would it not be very hard on your forks to have them adjusted differently than each other? One would always be doing more work than the other and they would not preform properly. So i am kind of stuck as to what to do. When i fully tighten both and then back them out say 8 clicks im not sure if they are set the same, or if one is still different than the other because the right starts farther in than the left. Any thoughts?

Thanks

You don't mention what it's on but here we go

With Showa rebound the needle valve gets stuck the rod from the base adjuster to the needle is D shaped and fits into a male end at both the adjuster and needle is its not put back together properly it will jam and damage the needle I've got one to do today for someone who did just that

The compression needles will get stuck from dirty oil and wear a grove then that's as far as they will go

On KYB it's generally a split o ring broken spring or again dirty oil causing wear and jamming it up

The clickers themselves don't have anything to catch or stop them short it's a problem at the valve end somewhere