Sign in to follow this  

wide ratio cr 500

Hello I 'm New Here first I would like to introduce live in Spain and a year ago fulfilled my dream of riding my cr 500AF from chassis crfx250 2005 cr motor 500 2001 , the bike is perfect and I'm happy if it were not for the exchange ratio , the use I give it endurance and gear ratios for this discipline not seen the most appropriate , I thought of riding the ratio of CRF 450x but I've read around here that you can not , I would like to ask you to you if you know that you can do to put a shorter relationship at least in the first marchas.muchas thanks in advance I hope to learn much from you.

2013-11-12 09.01.38.jpg

CAM01630.jpg

I'm not trying to be rude here, but I'm having a hard time completely understanding what you are asking.  Are you wondering what a good final drive ratio would be for the chain and sprockets?  14/51 should be a good starting point, if you're riding on the street more and not so much dirt you may want to be a little bit taller than that, maybe 14/49.  What is it geared at now?

By the way, the bike looks amazing, nice job!

Edited by cowboyona426

hola,gracias por contestar y perdon por mi ingles el desarrollo final que llevo es un 13-50,lo que me gustaria saber es si se puede cambiar los desarrollos de las 5 velocidades de la caja de cambios para conseguir unos desarrollos similares a los de una crf 450x

hi, thanks for answering and sorry for my English final development I lead is 13-50 , which I would like to know is if you can change the development of the 5-speed gearbox to achieve similar developments to those of one crf 450x

hola,gracias por contestar y perdon por mi ingles el desarrollo final que llevo es un 13-50,lo que me gustaria saber es si se puede cambiar los desarrollos de las 5 velocidades de la caja de cambios para conseguir unos desarrollos similares a los de una crf 450x

hi, thanks for answering and sorry for my English final development I lead is 13-50 , which I would like to know is if you can change the development of the 5-speed gearbox to achieve similar developments to those of one crf 450x

Not easily or cheaply, no.  Your 2001 motor has the "wide ratio" of CR500 transmissions, I'm not sure if there are parts from other bikes like the 450X that could be made to work with the 500 or not.

Su mejor apuesta es encontrar y HRC o kit relación amplia IMS, parece que esto es lo que necesita ... sin embargo, son difíciles de encontrar y caros cuando se presenten.

thank you very much for your help , I'll try a development 13-50 and look for a 4 and 5 HRC or  ims or if i not find  the same command as

hello again last week broke the gearbox of my dear cr 500, after looking much I bought on ebay complete box advertised as wide ratio, sprockets 1 and 2 aparecian input shaft speed and painted red 4 and 5 of the secondary shaft , this makes me think that relationships change the fact is that neither como.A see if anyone can tell me what these changes regarding the relationship estandar.muchas thanks a greeting

hola de nuevo la semana pasada rompi la caja de cambios de mi querida cr 500,despues de mirar mucho he comprado en ebay una caja completa que anunciaban como wide ratio,los piñones de 1 y 2 velocidad del eje primario aparecian pintados de rojo y el de 4 y 5 del eje secundario,esto me hace pensar que las relaciones cambiaran el caso es que tampoco se como.A ver si alguno me puede decir en que consisten los cambios respecto a la relacion estandar.muchas gracias un saludo

Mi español no es muy bueno pero yo tengo la misma problema con el 250 Que tengo. No puedo encontrar el kit aqui en USA. Yo ordeno una desarollo final de 13-49. El Que viene de la gencia en mi 99' 250 es 13-50. El 2001 500 viene con el transmission mas ancho De todos los otros años cr500. El Que comprates tenia kit o tiene piñones de honda?

Edited by lockdun1