Sign in to follow this  

How to build a 50hp drz

Well it looks like I need the BBK and stroker.... Or is it all in one package?

google "how to build a 60 hp drz"

idk how everyone isnt aware of this lol

google "how to build a 60 hp drz"

idk how everyone isnt aware of this lol

Ah lol I tried "55hp drz".. Just came back to this thread hahaha and from everything here on this forum all I've ever read was getting to the 50hp mark. Never exceeding, now price may be a factor in that but if I had my was (and money) I probably would've bought a hypermotard duki (ducati) and called it a day...

• Like 2

Ah lol I tried "55hp drz".. Just came back to this thread hahaha and from everything here on this forum all I've ever read was getting to the 50hp mark. Never exceeding, now price may be a factor in that but if I had my was (and money) I probably would've bought a hypermotard duki (ducati) and called it a day...

yes, then you would have an even heavier far, far less reliable street only bike that if ever dropped would require insurance help to put back together lol

• Like 1

yes, then you would have an even heavier far, far less reliable street only bike that if ever dropped would require insurance help to put back together lol

I'm guessing there is no Ducati dealer in your town. :bonk:

I'm guessing there is no Ducati dealer in your town. :bonk:

Lmao that's what I thought.

And actually you can take it off road. Whether or not you want to is up to you. The bike weights 450 pounds. Without taking anything off. So that's far heavier? I'll leave that to opinion.. And less reliable? Ehh I think if you take care of a machine properly, it'll take care of you not to mention, if you're buying in that price range, you should expect the price of repairs.

Lmao that's what I thought.

And actually you can take it off road. Whether or not you want to is up to you. The bike weights 450 pounds. Without taking anything off. So that's far heavier? I'll leave that to opinion.. And less reliable? Ehh I think if you take care of a machine properly, it'll take care of you not to mention, if you're buying in that price range, you should expect the price of repairs.

yes i think most would agree 150% heavier is much heavier lol 

yes you can take it offroad but weight, suspension, risk mean only the dumbest or best will lol 

yes they are unreliable AF lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN6LNf2Zot0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF996juVdwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DANM-U6Wwkw

even more so than normal ducatis it seems 

now having said that, would i like one? F***CK yes a fast af urban hoonigan mobile like that would be the tits especially the 1200, and come on its a ducati its as sexy as it gets 

buuut you cant ride it at a local kart track one day and then throw on your dirt wheels and luggage and go on a 500 mile offroad only trip the next, like my drz can and for much, much less money 

a the new 701 is the built not bought modded drz killer lol

yes i think most would agree 150% heavier is much heavier lol

yes you can take it offroad but weight, suspension, risk mean only the dumbest or best will lol

yes they are unreliable AF lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN6LNf2Zot0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF996juVdwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DANM-U6Wwkw

even more so than normal ducatis it seems

now having said that, would i like one? F***CK yes a fast af urban hoonigan mobile like that would be the tits especially the 1200, and come on its a ducati its as sexy as it gets

buuut you cant ride it at a local kart track one day and then throw on your dirt wheels and luggage and go on a 500 mile offroad only trip the next, like my drz can and for much, much less money

a the new 701 is the built not bought modded drz killer lol

My buddy's had the ?938? If I'm remembering correctly for a while. Hasn't had a problem yet with 10k miles... Dunno, I guess he just keeps good care of his stuff. He'll keep up with me when I go around on the ranches scouting for boar and coyote (not just grass/Prairie). And surpasses me on the streets... I've zipped around about a block on his and nearly messed myself due to the ungodly handling and comfort of it. I guess I don't romp on my bike like other guys do around here lol

My buddy's had the ?938? If I'm remembering correctly for a while. Hasn't had a problem yet with 10k miles... Dunno, I guess he just keeps good care of his stuff. He'll keep up with me when I go around on the ranches scouting for boar and coyote (not just grass/Prairie). And surpasses me on the streets... I've zipped around about a block on his and nearly messed myself due to the ungodly handling and comfort of it. I guess I don't romp on my bike like other guys do around here lol

he must have one of the handful ever made that run well lol 

there are a couple guys around here that went from s1000rrs to hypers and got rid of them because they would do the above 

like i say it would be the perfect bike if it was japanese....

I had a friend with a 821 model. Lasted him 1200 miles before the electeonic started acting up. The point of the drz is that you can pic one up used for 3500.00 and start riding that day. Then over time add the mods to make it faster, funner, wheelier ect... instead of making a payment on a 12000 new bike or a 7500.00 payment on a used one.

I own a 1098 streetfighter and a street triple, i walk past them everyday to get on my drz. Why? Because its way lighter and way more fun! Is it a husky 701? No its not, but i have never had a problem keeping with them in the turns either. Infact, same said friend who owned the 821 hyper...sold it and bought a 2002 crf450r, rebuilt it, converted it and says to this day, its the funnest, fastest bike in the corners he has ever had and wouldnt go back to a hyper.

The hyper is a bike thats trying to be to many things but does few of those things well. Normally that's not a problem because the world makes great parts to fix these problems...for more money.