Sign in to follow this  

Picked up a new bike yesterday! 16 250xc

So I decided to switch it up to a new KTM 2 stroke from my 15 350xcf. Yesterday I picked up a fresh 250xc and I must say, I've got 3 hours on it and I'm in love. The 350xcf does do a couple things better but for the average mortal THIS is the bike to have! This thing is on rails and is a complete blast to ride! This is the first KTM two stroke I've owned so if you guys know some stuff about it that I don't, feel free to let me know. I can't believe how well this bike performs for a stock bike, even the stock jetting is spot on! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448233281.558043.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1448233297.389469.jpg

Edited by Woodsweapon350
  • Like 7

ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!  Enjoy the new bike.  I have about 16 hours on my 15' 300xc and love it more every time I get out.

I too spent a little time on a 4 stroke and am by no means anti 4 stroke. But when I bought my 12 250XC I was rejuvenated and it was like being a kid again trying to sleep the night before riding. The simplicity of maintenance and overall fun factor of a 2 stroke for outweigh any advantages of a thumper.

BTW, I rode my '12 weekly for about three years and combined with meticulous maintenance and a few scratches I still got $4600 for it when I sold it. Excellent bikes! 

I too spent a little time on a 4 stroke and am by no means anti 4 stroke. But when I bought my 12 250XC I was rejuvenated and it was like being a kid again trying to sleep the night before riding. The simplicity of maintenance and overall fun factor of a 2 stroke for outweigh any advantages of a thumper.

BTW, I rode my '12 weekly for about three years and combined with meticulous maintenance and a few scratches I still got $4600 for it when I sold it. Excellent bikes!

It's almost scary that you said that. I rode the bike for about an hour Saturday as soon as I left the dealer with plans for Sunday morning with a bunch of guys, i had a tough time sleeping Saturday night! That's the first time in so many years that the thought of riding my dirt bike kept me up at night. I'm 28 with 2 kids and 2 jobs, there isn't a whole lot that keeps me up at night lol

• Like 3

It's a terrible bike. You may regret buying it.

If you want I can take it off you hands.

:0)

Nice bike man. Congrats!

I hear it's bitterly cold at the moment and that its also a terrible bike. It rained a little last night, sunny skies and warm today for me. Trying to decide on Red Bull Day in The Dirt or Single Track trail ride on mine. Braap on.

Weather.JPG

• Like 1

I hear it's bitterly cold at the moment and that its also a terrible bike. It rained a little last night, sunny skies and warm today for me. Trying to decide on Red Bull Day in The Dirt or Single Track trail ride on mine. Braap on.

yup.  i should be loaded up and ready to go somewhere.

but unfortunately i am a dam good cook, and the family is waiting for the awesome dinner tomorrow.

maybe I'll sneak out on sat or sun.

I'll be going out for a perfect day of riding on Friday, 61 and sunny! I hope this is a sign of the winter to come because after last year I could use a mild one

Hey if your interested ill trade u my new conevalve forks and ohlins shock for your stock stuff plus cash? Tex me 8482102782, im having neck surgery and im selling the bike I built, but never really got to ride

20150809_180526.jpg here it is, I dont really wanna part it out, but probably should, I have over 10 k in the bike plus the cost of the bike, u name it, its got it, 300sx, sxs brake calipers, all ti bolts, 3 diffrent exhaust, bills, scalvini, fmf, way to much to list,

It's almost scary that you said that. I rode the bike for about an hour Saturday as soon as I left the dealer with plans for Sunday morning with a bunch of guys, i had a tough time sleeping Saturday night! That's the first time in so many years that the thought of riding my dirt bike kept me up at night. I'm 28 with 2 kids and 2 jobs, there isn't a whole lot that keeps me up at night lol

Haha same here. I rode my childhood but given back to me 2 stroke over the summer and haven't slept right since. Getting the KTM helped a little because now I atleast don't dream about owning one. 2 strokes are amazing machines.

From zero to obsessed over night. I write this sipping from my KTM mug.

20150809_180526.jpg here it is, I dont really wanna part it out, but probably should, I have over 10 k in the bike plus the cost of the bike, u name it, its got it, 300sx, sxs brake calipers, all ti bolts, 3 diffrent exhaust, bills, scalvini, fmf, way to much to list,

How much for the whole bike as it sits?

Beautiful bike woodsweapon! Good choice on the 2-stroke. The 250 XC/XCW is the most versatile off road bike KTM makes, imo. Killer for technical singletrack.  Just recently picked up this 16' 250 XC-W. I came off a 2011 250 XC-W and thought real hard about a 350 just for something different, but in the end went back with a 250 XC-W. The bike is just too darn perfect for the type of riding I primarily do.

image.jpg1_zps9z4rjkzx.jpg

Edited by BD100
  • Like 2