Sign in to follow this  

CRF250 SUSPENSION SEEMS LOWER THAN YZF KXF ?HELP

I'm 6 ft my bike is crf250r12 and sag is good . But my bike seems low on seat height co.paired with other bikes .. And I feel like I'm crouching while standing up hold ing o to the bars ... What can I do to heighten it up a bit or are crfs just a bit lower than other bikes ????????

I'm 6 ft my bike is crf250r12 and sag is good . But my bike seems low on seat height co.paired with other bikes .. And I feel like I'm crouching while standing up hold ing o to the bars ... What can I do to heighten it up a bit or are crfs just a bit lower than other bikes ????????

Hondas have been sitting lower than the other bikes for years it is normal.  A tall seat is probably your best option with a pair of taller bars like Windhams.

• Like 1

Thing is I bought handle bar riser kit for £20 and it helped instead of getting bars . But yeh the footpegs sound good but are quite expensive and im skint is there a kit I can buy or something to lower pegs ? And will the lower pegs cause problems through high ruts ? Thanks

I'm 6'2" and can just barely touch the ground with the balls of my feet.  Are you sure your sag and preload are set properly?  IMO, I would not mess with the foot pegs.  You're screwing with the balance of the bike.

Im 6'4" and I had the same problem the op has. The seat height, sag and inseam(to a point) dont really have anything to do with it since youre feet are on the pegs, not the ground, and the distance from those to the bars and seat is fixed. However I will also say changing the position of the pegs is the last thing I would change to fix your cramped feeling, though it may seem the easiest. Ive hit my stock pegs on roots or rocks enough to know lowering them for me is a bad idea, not to mention any change there would effect the balance and feel of the bike like someone said before.

What I did was get a set of kx high bars with a 1" riser, it made a world of difference. Before when I would stand I felt like I was bending over to reach, now Im standing straight up comfortably holding the bars for my resting position.

If going from sitting to standing is an issue there may be a different seat that is taller that will work, I didnt have that issue so I never really looked into whats possible there.

Yeh don't think ill mes with the pegs as I nearly get feet caught in rutts now . But I got the handle bar risers and can stand up and touch the bars before couldn't even touch them . But still feels like I'm crouching over when I'm standing awkward on my back I might go for some new bars but the bike comes with nice stock renthals . Yeh got my suspension set up and sag correct . What else is there

Really just the bar position and bend. Unfortunately its really hard to tell where a different bend will put the bars, even having them in front of you, if you cant put them on the bike. The stock renthals are one of the lower bends if I remember right. I was between the windhams and the kx high, I like my setup now but make sure your cables are long enough for what you get or youll have issues there next. I dont think I could go any higher without changing something.

I recently put the second to highest bend possible on my CRF250X.  It's the Renthal RC high (119 mm).  Highest I could find was the Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend (121mm), but decided to go the RC high because of the rise measurement (i.e. the Renthal was a flatter bar).

Edited by mossman77

I thought about the rc highs too but my local dealer didnt have any renthal bars I could try and I didnt want to order them and then not like it. They were good about letting me mock them up, seriously covered of course, to see which ones I liked best. The rcs have almost the same height/rise as the kx highs I got but I couldnt try them. I didnt like how the pastranas felt like they were angled up at the grips too much.

Keep in mind a 1" riser is equivalent to ~25mm in overall height. The mounts I got for the fatter bar had the riser built in but I dont think I would go for one of the 2" ones, just seems like it makes it a weak point.

I really want to try a set of the rc highs to see if I like them even better now that you say that mossman.

Kx high 108-70

Rc high 119-80

Pastrana fmx 121-70

I'm 6'-2" and am not using risers. I've only ridden a couple hours since installing the RC highs, but it feels just about right while sitting and standing. My advice would be to give the RC high a try without the risers first, then add risers if you see fit.

• Like 1