Sign in to follow this  

do you think heavy duty clutch make sens?

Since I have already fried 2 stock clutches offroad (on different bikes) I wonder

if it's good idea to put some heavy duty ones next time. Will it affect badly feathering/slipping techniques?

BTW do you carry spare clutch plates with you when riding on sand a lot?  :)  

Since I have already fried 2 stock clutches offroad (on different bikes) I wonder

if it's good idea to put some heavy duty ones next time. Will it affect badly feathering/slipping techniques?

BTW do you carry spare clutch plates with you when riding on sand a lot?   :)

Upgrading my clutch is one of my favorite mods ...  :thumbsup:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1144402-removing-clutch-side-coverclutch-upgrades/page-1?hl=+removing%20+side%20+cover

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1160520-crf250l-clutch-upgrade/page-1?hl=+removing%20+side%20+cover

I have seen several people post about the clutch and sand.  When I am in the sand I am grabbing more throttle. The little 250 gets eaten up by sand unless you are on it.  I find that if I feel like I need to slip the clutch in the sand I am better off downshifting. I probably turn more r's than most when I am in the woods so I generally don't have that issue.  I treat the clutch as more of a power on/off switch.

• Like 1

With this bike in particular it is all about removing that judder system as that is the disc the wears out and slip prematurely ...  :prof:  and stiffer springs can't hurt. 

• Like 1

I have seen several people post about the clutch and sand.  When I am in the sand I am grabbing more throttle. The little 250 gets eaten up by sand unless you are on it.  I find that if I feel like I need to slip the clutch in the sand I am better off downshifting. I probably turn more r's than most when I am in the woods so I generally don't have that issue.  I treat the clutch as more of a power on/off switch.

clutch is not on/off switch, feathering clutch is important technique for technical offroad,

maintaining traction in mud, sand etc.

Edited by robson

and why  that thread was moved over crf250l forum,this was generic question for all dirt bikes!

Edited by robson