Sign in to follow this  

K&N Oil Filter and Airbox Cover for washing

Hi Guys. Couple of questions. Found 3 K&N Oil Flters for $40 Australian which I thought was a pretty good price. Are the K&Ns better then standard Kawasaki filter or are they worse. Realistically I will just end up using the best filter regardless of price since the bike is new and I plan on keeping it for a long time.

Also does anyone make a cover that blocks off the airfilter intake for when the bike is stripped down and getting cleaned or seviced? I cant seem to find one anywhere and since it has that mesh grill I cant just shove a rag down there to seal i all up,

Cheers.

Not sure on the oil filter, but I bought a Twin Air Airbox cover that seals well.
Suspect it fits something else because the centre bolt that comes with it isn't long enough (just use stock bolt and it's fine) - even came with a free exhaust plug.

If you jump on to RMATV you will find airbox covers and oil filters too,I use the tusk ones at about $2.99 each which is a bargain and my bike has used them since new(11) and no problems,exchange rate is no good at the moment though,I have a no toil airbox cover if you want to buy it? I no longer use it as I have a kx airbox

I find the the OEM oil filters fit better to the cover nipple than the cheap ones which helps with the install.  I bet K&N would be fine filtration wise.

To enhance the protection, I also use an oil filter magnet ring.

I have never used anything but a garbage bag to cover the intake, but I could see where a real cover would be handy if your seat is off and you are presure washing the engine.